Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Getting Use To Losing

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

Nobody likes a loser. I didn't even listen to the game tonight. They were down from the beginning and all looked the same. I am a big fan but I refuse to watch this team go through the motions. I get better things I can do. BTW the Heat won again and I sure as hell am rooting for them to keep winning. We need some representation here in florida.

Never will I ever root for the Heat

I just ignored the post McGrady, pre-Howard Magic. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with moving to Texas and away from Florida, so I felt a little less interested in ALL of basketball. I just couldn't bring myself to be a Rockets fan just because they were on TV all the time. (I lived 40 mintues north of Houston, I wasn't lucky enough to get Spurs games. :P)

But now I'm back in Florida, the team had its trades last year and went on that "magical" run. With Dwight's youth I figured the team could at least be a playoff team again, and more importantly I'm in state again so I could watch each and every game.

I tell you, this so called run since the All Star break in particular has me right back to apathy again. I didn't realize that despite as great a hidden gem that Dwight was out of high school.. just how bad the team around him is!

If they were at least playing their butts off and still losing like the "heart and hustle" era, it would feel different. This feels like a bunch of apathetic, overpaid losers that have taken on Hedo and Darko's lack of commitment rather than how much guys like Ariza, JJ, and Dwight play hard night in and night out.

The wrong set of players are getting their way here. And Brian Hill is the conductor of a runaway train and he has NO idea how to hit the brakes.

Until this franchise finds its heart and will to win again, then why should us Magic fans care when they obviously don't?

In conclusion all I can say is.. "Give me Darrell Armstrong, or give me (this Magic fan's) death!"

Holy crap, this has gone beyond unbearable. Earlier in the year I planned my entire week around the Magic schedule. All day I would look forward to watching the Magic games. Now, I don't really care from day to day whether they are playing or not. I was out on my boat fishing all day yesterday and for some odd reason my Tivo didn't record the game. I wasn't upset at all. Especially after seeing the result on ESPN. Maybe it was the cable and basketball Gods collaborating to save me a few hours of grief and frustration.

Until these guys start to play with a little pride, I suppose I will continue to be more interested in fishing, golf, or even cleaning the pool. Anything else has to be better than watching the Magic right now.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Holy crap, this has gone beyond unbearable. Earlier in the year I planned my entire week around the Magic schedule. All day I would look forward to watching the Magic games. Now, I don't really care from day to day whether they are playing or not. I was out on my boat fishing all day yesterday and for some odd reason my Tivo didn't record the game. I wasn't upset at all. Especially after seeing the result on ESPN. Maybe it was the cable and basketball Gods collaborating to save me a few hours of grief and frustration.

Until these guys start to play with a little pride, I suppose I will continue to be more interested in fishing, golf, or even cleaning the pool. Anything else has to be better than watching the Magic right now.

Smack, what the holy hell is that animation?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

ya Smack I was thinking about a sewing or quilting class with my wife. Thats gotta be more enjoyable and interesting!