Sign in to follow this  
LaVar

Go Lakers

Phoenix got the Lakers first round pick in 2015 (Steve Nash trade), that pick could be very good

From what I understand their 2013 pick is unprotected so you're right there by I believe their 2015 pick is top 5 protected.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2012/08/explanation-on-the-draft-picks-the-magic-will-receive-in-the-dwight-howard-deal.html

So by my estimation we need the Lakers to make the playoffs in 2 of the next 3 years.. But to be honest 2017+ are so far away I'd rather the Lakers just lose.

I'm all for the Magic never getting a first round pick if it means Howard doesn't make the playoffs for the next 5 years - how sweet would that be to hear him cry - with nagging injuries - I'd give up more than the late first round pick we could get from them - hell, I'd send Hedo to LA for nothing. And,I would even try to recruit Brian Hill to be their new head coach in LA.

I'm all for the Magic never getting a first round pick if it means Howard doesn't make the playoffs for the next 5 years - how sweet would that be to hear him cry - with nagging injuries - I'd give up more than the late first round pick we could get from them - hell, I'd send Hedo to LA for nothing. And,I would even try to recruit Brian Hill to be their new head coach in LA.

if you would have read the whole thread you'd have realized that if the Lakers don't make the playoffs Phoenix get the pick, not the other way around.

I don't care whatever happens. Missing a draft pick would be worth it to see Howard and co. miss the playoffs. I think they will though... :(

"My statement was just to say that our team that I played with in Orlando, we were the underdogs," Howard said after the Lakers' 108-102 win over the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday night. "Nobody really talked about our team. It was underrated. Everybody overlooked us for the whole time I was there in Orlando and I hated that. We all hated that. We thrived off that. My comments were never to say anything disrespectful to those guys. Those were my teammates for years. They helped me become the player that I am today and we all got to the Finals because of that.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9025882/dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-responds-criticism-former-orlando-magic-teammates