Sign in to follow this  
LaVar

Go Lakers

It is taking all of my willpower to not lock this thread based solely on the title.....

I thought Hennigan did a decent job unloading salary and getting a few prospects out of the deal but the part that still disturbs me is all of the restrictions attached to the picks.

We couldn't get a unprotected first rounder out of the Lakers??

Taking that one step further is the fact that a reasonable scenario exists where the Lakers part of the deal could only be a 2nd round pick.

Even though it might cost us I still can't find myself to root for the Lakers.....I want them to lose every game and every year even if it means the Magic only getting a 2nd round pick.

I was in the same boat. I was rooting hard to have the Lakers lose every game, but then I was reading the restrictions on the picks and was like hell no. I want the Lakers to make the playoffs, so we can get the most out of the trade. (number 1 pick)

It does feel good to see d12 lose after all that cry baby talk and demands, but I want the magic to have the most asset as they can. I really could care less about the Lakers overall.

I think it's worth mentioning also that Kobe has said he will retire after next season. That means that even if they are a playoff team these next two seasons, they may not be the season in which we would get the pick if Dwight doesn't get back to game shape (or maybe, even if he does).

I think it's worth mentioning also that Kobe has said he will retire after next season. That means that even if they are a playoff team these next two seasons, they may not be the season in which we would get the pick if Dwight doesn't get back to game shape (or maybe, even if he does).

I missed that, link?

After the Lakers lost to the Suns last night, someone in the LakerNation.Com Forum posted this image of Dwight.

Kinda makes you feel sorry for him (Right?). . .NOT!!!

Edit: CAPTION THIS PICTURE

Quite an image of Dwight Howard

15wiii0.jpg]

Here is the list of NBA superstars who were traded for unprotected first round picks:

:)