Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

10 Albums

No One here has the same taste in music that i do so these will be pretty unique

1. Michael Jackson - Album History (not sure if it qualifies as greatest hits or not)

2. Star Wars Trilogy (movie soundtrack)

3. Boys 2 Men - II

4. Boys 2 Men - Christmas Album

5. Jodeci - The Show, The Afterparty, The Hotel

6. Glad - Accapella Hymns (Cristian Album)

7. 112 - 112

8. 112 - Pleasure & Pain

9. New Edition - Home Again

10. K-ci & JoJo - Love Always

Taking a look at the lists of Hutchence and Emory makes me realize I would have no problem listening to music with them.

I'm not sure if a "top 10" is a true representation of one's musical tastes. There are so many great albums that I love that didn't make the cut.

quote:
Now your Creed selection is another story! They didn't do so hot for a group that once said that Eddie Vedder wishes he could write like Scott Stapp!

That was a pretty stupid comment to make. I guess the members from Creed got tired of the comparisons although they were strikingly similar. Creed used to be one of top 3 favorite bands until I realized that Stapp was the biggest a**hole on the planet. That time he claimed that he was "pretending to be drunk" on stage to enhance the rock performance didn't win him any cool points either.

They really made my list for sentimental reasons more than how much I listen to them now. I used to wear that CD out. I could throw Live's Throwing Copper on the list as well.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I could throw Live's Throwing Copper on the list as well.

Great, great album. I love that band. It was great seeing them grow as a band. But unfortunately their popularity lessened as their talent increased, go figure.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

I could throw Live's Throwing Copper on the list as well.

Great, great album. I love that band. It was great seeing them grow as a band. But unfortunately their popularity lessened as their talent increased, go figure.

When you rush the ladies room and take the water from the toilet people tend to get a little wierded out.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Just because I know you are a fellow Pearl Jam fanatic, what would be your top Pearl Jam albums?

My favorites are Vitalogy, Lost Dogs, 10, Yield.

I myself am a Pearl Jam fanatic. I even had my Dirty Frank import ripped up by my 10th grade algebra teacher!

10 was by far the best.

I guess I'm alone in this, but I have every PJ album, and to me the best one was far and away VS, not Ten(though Ten was definitely more of a cultural moment).

Interesting Pearl Jam fact, I had 13th row floor seats to see them in Tampa on my 18th birthday.

My taste is obviously a little weird. To the task at hand, in no particular order:

1. VS. - Pearl Jam

2. Lifes Rich Pageant - REM

3. Unplugged in New York - Nirvana

4. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips

5. The Moon and Antarctica - Modest Mouse

6. Violator - Depeche Mode

7. Farmhouse - Phish

8. A Simple, Quiet Life. The Best of Warren Zevon - Warren Zevon

9. The Joshua Tree - U2

10. Rock Spectacle - The Barenaked Ladies(just a fun little live album)

quote:
10. Rock Spectacle - The Barenaked Ladies(just a fun little live album)

I absolutely love that album! The Old Apartment cracks me up everytime I hear it.

quote:

6. Matchbox 20 - Yourself or Someone Like You (you guys can call me gay for this pick)

Hey, it's a great record. Not groundbreaking really, but it never acts like it is. It's just straightforward classic sounding american rock. That's fine.

I hated 3am for a long time, until I realized that the point of the song was that it wasn't ACTUALLY 3am, it was just that the clock was broken and no one cared enough to fix it. After I realized that, I liked the song a lot more.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Just because I know you are a fellow Pearl Jam fanatic, what would be your top Pearl Jam albums?

My favorites are Vitalogy, Lost Dogs, 10, Yield.

I myself am a Pearl Jam fanatic. I even had my Dirty Frank import ripped up by my 10th grade algebra teacher!

10 was by far the best.

I guess I'm alone in this, but I have every PJ album, and to me the best one was far and away VS, not Ten(though Ten was definitely more of a cultural moment).

Interesting Pearl Jam fact, I had 13th row floor seats to see them in Tampa on my 18th birthday.

Which tour was that for? I was at the Tampa show for the Binaurel tour.

Vs is a great album, of course in my opinion there is no such thing as a bad Pearl Jam album but I think I like Vitalogy because it's so different. Vs and 10 were both great hard driving albums Vitalogy has a little of everything in it. That is the only reason that one really stands above for me, aside from that I can't really pick a favorite. I mean Vs has Leash, Rearviewmirror, Rats. 10 has Release, Porch, Garden, the aren't one of those bands that slaps a bunch of garbage around 1 song on an album and expects their fans to pay for it. They actually put out something worth buying.