NittanyBuc

GT: 1/9 @ DEN (9PM EST)

Paraphrased:

"I know their coaching staff, I'm going to call coach Karl and steal some of his defensive principles that allow his guys to play defense all night and only get seven foul calls."

"I look forward to watching the tape and seeing all seven of those fouls".

He is pissed. I like it!

• Upvote 3

Haven't seen JV actually angry yet. Was nice to see him call out the refs (even though it'll cost him).

When the Magic were a really good team the fouls were biased against us. With no one caring or watching now (except perhaps a few Bookies in the desert...) the officials feel pretty much confident in doing anything to them. Curse of the small town NBA team. It's not like any Orlando columnists are going to write a word about it.

Awesome... JV just called out the refs without mentioning the refs at all... I wonder if the League will still fine him.

I get the feeling they will. I also get the feeling the Magic brass gave him the OK in terms of taking a $$$ shot at the league (unless he's just going Pop-Rogue).

Somebody had to stick up for a team playing hard.

Haven't seen JV actually angry yet. Was nice to see him call out the refs (even though it'll cost him).

When the Magic were a really good team the fouls were biased against us. With no one caring or watching now (except perhaps a few Bookies in the desert...) the officials feel pretty much confident in doing anything to them. Curse of the small town NBA team. It's not like any Orlando columnists are going to write a word about it.

I don't know about that Dwight got called for alot of BS fouls while here. Those moving screens 30ft from basket on a superstar, while he'd get mugged alot and foul not called. Since the Penny Shaq show we have been victims of some bad officiating.

It's good to see that Operation Tanking With Dignity is still in effect.

You guys actually thought we were going to win a good amount of games?

No, but it's worth noting that had Davis not gone down we would be a lot closer to .500 than people realize. The bulk of these recent losses have been decided by five points or less.

No, but it's worth noting that had Davis not gone down we would be a lot closer to .500 than people realize. The bulk of these recent losses have been decided by five points or less.

BBD was key, both in terms of production, hustle and chemistry.

Anyway, since this is not a playoffs season, it gives JV the chance to see what AN, Hark and Vuc can produce with more minutes.

Nik, BBD, Afflalo, JJ, Etwaun, Nicholson, O'Quinn and Harkless are keepers. Nelson is not my favourite because of his lack of D, but he is a good offensive guard. I wouldn't mind getting a more solid PG. Let's build through the draft next two offseasons, while keeping the core young guys.

These games are incredible.

1. Take first quarter lead: Typically between 8-15 points.

2. Give up that lead by halftime. Usually +/- 4 points.

3. Get deeper in hole during 3rd.

4. Make 4th quarter comeback and take lead.

5. Lose lead late and lose by 1-6 points.