Sign in to follow this  
jec

Avery Johnson Fired From Nets

So the Nets fired Avery Johnson because the team started playing like crap as they should have been all along because their team sucks.

I found this amusing.

If only they'd sign SVG to replace him.

Brooklyn is Dwight's team and that's not going to happen :lol:

That aside, I don't think any star-studded team is going to be calling on Stan. But lets see.

So the Nets fired Avery Johnson because the team started playing like crap as they should have been all along because their team sucks.

I found this amusing.

I felt the same. The owner has it in his head that if he throws enough money out they will win. Billy King sucks as a GM, that team is stuck with that roster and they are a middle of the road team. He basically created the Atlanta Hawks North.

• Upvote 1

I felt the same. The owner has it in his head that if he throws enough money out they will win. Billy King sucks as a GM, that team is stuck with that roster and they are a middle of the road team. He basically created the Atlanta Hawks North.

Exactly. A lot of people were praising BKN's offseason moves as if they were suddenly a title contender, and such misguided expectations are largely to blame for Johnson's demise. Newsflash: any team that depends heavily on Andray Blatche for production probably isn't contending.

couldn't agree more

their only hope of contending is if Brook Lopez reaches the next level, and Marshon Brooks becomes a very good bench player. They need to hit gold on their 2nd round picks too. The deck is stacked against them.

Prokhorov was stupid to hire Billy King; He didn't do his due diligence.