Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

More Redick fustration. No summer vacation plans except playing ball.

mazing how the guy may find a place on team USA and yet we cant find a place for him on our rotation.......

Brian has got to stop coaching to not hurt feelings........And to win.........

All I know is I never saw Steve Kerr drive to the basket like this kid does.

One word: UNDERRATED! Give him a chance, I wish more players on this team had half the mental edge this guy does.

quote:
Somewhere right after Christmas I just told myself that I was going to do what I could do, and even though I probably wouldn't jump ahead of this guy or that guy, I was going to work really hard on my game.

Bhill's effect on player motivation is apparent here. JJ is by no means claiming here that even with hard work he wouldn't be good enough to jump ahead of those guys. That wouldn't be JJ. That line tells us he doesn't think no matter what he does or how hard he works he would move up. Bhill's system doesn't provide motivation for playing time. No matter how badly you play veterans (cough...cough He cough Do cough) you'll still play the same minutes.

As for the media blurb that Bhill puts out that he has confidence when he's on the floor. Please what a joke. As they say actions speak louder than words. Don't be so deceived by nice quotes to appease the media.

I am utterly amazed at the fact JJ doesn't get AT LEAST 15mins a game, what the hell is Coach doing leaving this potential scoring machine on the bench. He plays 2 minutes last night and hits a 3 almost instantly, it is ridiculous how under-utilized he is!

The problem with JJ playing so much during the summer, is the risk of injury will be that much greater, and any little injury he gets during the summer will slow him down in camp and pre-season again. This is where the nightmare starts over again, B.Hill will sit him again stating that he missed to much time in training camp and the pre-season.

IF, JJ somehows stays injury free and plays the entire summer, and does well in camp and pre-season, he may be rewarded with more playing time, but by the end of the season his body will be too tired to help a lot.

All I am saying is that B.Hill is ruining next season for JJ also, one way or the other, by his ignorant substitution patterns based on age and experience and not on heart and scoring ability.

What is this garbage about earning playing time - BHill is an idiot - the kid should play 15 minutes a game - end of story - put him in the game.

BHill is a moron - why listen to any of his quotes - he says JJ has now earned minutes - JJ is on the bench you F'in moron BHill - I had to yell at BHill and tell him that JJ was on the bench to his left - BHill is an idiot, Otis - I no longer have any respect for and the Owners - how inept can you be? How could you be worse? Maybe trade a guy like TMac is about the only thing you could do worse - oh, they already did that - my bad.

The last time JJ went on a major crusade to improve himself was between his sophomore and junior year at Duke. Look what happened after that? He went on a scoring terror and broke the Duke and ACC records not to mention the NCAA three-point record. If he sets his mind and heart to do something that major, just think what he might do next season with the Magic! But again Hill has to release the reigns and let him go! Could have used about five or six of those 3's in the last few games to win them. Brian Hill needs to unleash the fury and give JJ room to score!

Just so you all know. JJ played for the Olympic teams every summer when at Duke. He played on the under-18, under-21 teams. He was the leading scorer i believe on those teams.

He never missed a game in his entire 4 year career at Duke. He played an average of 38 minutes a game and took more punishment then anyone.

He isnt injury prone or anything.

He isnt playing with that swagger he used to play with. Once he gets playing and everyone on the team knows what he can do he will be fine.

He is open alot for kickouts its just our big men dont look. Its just a thing of familiarity.

He will be a 15 ppg scorer in the league. Once everyone realizes he can shoot the defense will be up on him and he will be able to get to the basket and the free throw line