Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

I've been messing around with the trade machine for a while and after a lot of juggling to try and make salaries match and changing things around I came up with this.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cmk6vzm

I can't decide whether it's actually a good trade or if I just want it to be because I've been messing with it for so long.

My thought process was the Timberwolves need better interior defense (evidently considering how we beat them) and Splitter can help with that, along with Hamilton to help them at SG. The Spurs need a decent big to pair with Duncan and since they could lose Splitter in free agency this summer (if a team paid Omer Asik all that money I can see Splitter getting a pretty big pay rise) they flip him, Boris Diaw and Gary Neal for Baby. (With the surplus of guards they have I'm not sure they'll miss Neal, even if he is a pretty good player). The Bulls get Redick to replace Rip and have more freedom financially because of it and also take a chance on Derrick Williams to come off the bench behind Taj Gibson. We take Boozer and Diaw to help clear salaries for the Spurs and Bulls and take back the Charlotte 1st from the Bulls and the Spurs 2014 first. We also get Ridnour to play back up point.

It would not surprise me if we keep scrapping and barely make it into the playoffs.

It also would not surprise me if we ended up trading one of our favorite vets to a contender (e.g. Nelson, Redick, Affalo ... or for some of you ... Baby).

Call me naive, but I don't think there's anyway Jameer gets traded. I still think either Afflalo or JJ will be the first major players to go.

Call me naive, but I don't think there's anyway Jameer gets traded. I still think either Afflalo or JJ will be the first major players to go.

I hear you. I think the first one to go will be Big Baby.

It would not surprise me if we keep scrapping and barely make it into the playoffs.

It also would not surprise me if we ended up trading one of our favorite vets to a contender (e.g. Nelson, Redick, Affalo ... or for some of you ... Baby).

I could see this being Heart&Hustle Pt.2. Just given how bad some of the teams are (like the Wizards), we might land a spot just by not sucking THAT horrifically, but I'd still be surprised if we cracked .500 for long.

More than likely, we'll miss out on the playoffs by a few games, or come up jussssssst short.

Wolves Starters:

Ricky Rubio

Aaron Afflalo

AK47

Glenn Davis

Nikola Pekovic

Wolves Bench:

JJ Barea

Alexey Shved

Chase Budinger

Al Harrington

Greg Stiemsma

Magic Starters:

Jameer Nelson

E'Twan Moore/Moe Harkless

Hedo Turkoglu

Kevin Love

Nik Vucevic

Magic Bench:

Luke Ridnour

J.J. Redick

Josh McRoberts/Moe Harkless

Andrew Nicholson

Gustabos Ayon (i misspelled his name but decided to keep it...cus i think its better)

tumblr_mabczql9Vh1r6sbqi.gif

What is the likely hood that JJ is traded?

Seen that memphis fans rate his skill set and like his contract... would we only do it if we could get Gay?

Memphis need to lose either zbo or gay n i think zbo is more likely to stay.

Personally i prefer JJ to AA but if we could land Gay id be massively up for it GM of the year for that trade. Wouldnt mind losing a draft pick either with this draft rubbish n we have Maurice and Nicholson coming through.

Any thoughts?