Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

I think we need stability at the PG position. Nicholson is shaping out to be a serviceable backup PF and I think Ayon will develop at the Center position. At the SF, Hedo is coming back, and I think we have some depth there with youngsters Harkless and Jones (+McBob). To me, having E'Twan Moore in a PG role at any time during the game is detrimental to our offense.

I would trade Afflalo for Jeremy Lin, bringing Lin off the bench with the second unit and inserting Moore into the starting 2. Lin is struggling in Houston but that is mainly because he's playing off the ball. Lin is at his best dominating the ball and running pick and rolls. His stock is low and he would add a boost to our bench along with Redick.

Although I think that Lin would be best suited starting and creating shots for the starters, while J.J. would create shots for the bench with Nelson at the PG, but that may be too drastic of a change at once.

I don't know why I typed this much for a trade that won't happen LOL

Afflalo for Lin:

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=cdonuaj

No way in the bussiness world does Houston trade Lin. Not this year anyway.

Another guy I like (other than Shved) is Graevis Vasquez but he's so cheap it's impossible to get him from NOLA.

Lin > Afflalo.

Lin dominates the ball. He struggled with Melo and he's struggling with Harden. The game Harden didn't play, Lin had 38 points and 7 assists.

It's hard to compare Lin to Afflalo because their abilities differ so much from each other.

To say that Lin sucks is dead wrong. He does not fit into Houston's scheme. It was a good fit until Houston decided to bring in James Harden. Harden dominates the ball (he is handling it for most of the shot clock) and Lin is playing mostly off the ball right now. This is not how Lin should be used, he thrives with dominating the ball (much like Harden -- but you can't have two players dribbling at the same time) and running pick-and-rolls. Lin's game is perfect for our second unit or even our starters to bring stability and add another dimension to our offense. When ball movement is lacking and energy is low, who would you rather have at PG, Jeremy Lin or E'twan Moore?

Perhaps you don't understand what I'm saying. I'd trade Harrington and Baby for some Fritos to clear money.

;)/>

:panicworker: :panicworker:

I don't think you understand that you just had the 76ers trade Iguodala, Harkless, Vucevic, and picks for Al Harrington and Glen Davis.

No way in hell do the 76ers ever consider this trade. It makes them out to be complete fools and says that trade was an absolute failure. The GM would have his head called for.