Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

I put this on Twitter but...

Gortat/JJ TO Indy

Hibbert TO Phoenix

Stephenson/2 1st rd picks (1 from each team) TO Orlando

Phoenix will probably hold on to their picks, they're a terrible team

I don't think Phoenix would be willing to give all that up for Hibbert and his Max contract. I see them building through the draft like us.

But I wouldn't mind us trading J.J. to Memphis for Ed Davis and picks. I believe there will be a bidding war among a number of playoff teams for Redick.

I don't think Phoenix would be willing to give all that up for Hibbert and his Max contract. I see them building through the draft like us.

But I wouldn't mind us trading J.J. to Memphis for Ed Davis and picks. I believe there will be a bidding war among a number of playoff teams for Redick.

I wouldn't do that deal. I don't think Davis has any more upside than Nicholson.

Gortat wants out of phoenix. They are only giving up the laker's 1st and Gortat. I dont see that being an issue. I do see Hibbert's contract being the biggest thing they think about.

I like the trade for us.

two 1st and an young guard.

Agreed. Both are 3rd/4th bigs at best.

If andrew can improve on defense. He can be a 20pt scorer. His problem is that he gives up as many pts as he scores.

Hi everyone just wanted to put up a couple of different trades for discussion.

I know four team trades are rare but I think this one helps all teams involved however Orlando may need to make a couple of other additional moves afterwards.

Orlando trades Josh McRoberts, JJ Reddick, Glen Davis

Orlando receives Richard Jefferson, Andres Biedrins Jeremy Tyler, Charles Jenkins, Charlotte pick from the bulls future 1st from Golden State lotto protected, Dallas 2014 first round pick

Chicago trades Rip Hamilton N Mohammed Vlad Radmanovic Kirk Hinrich Charlotte Pick

Chicago receives JJ Reddick and gets under luxury tax

Golden State trades Richard Jefferson Andres Biedrens Charles Jenkins Jeremy Tyler future first round pick

Golden state receives Shawn Marion, Kirk Hinrich Glen Davis also get under luxury tax

Dallas trades Shawn Marion first round draft pick

Dallas receives Rip Hamilton ( 1 million buy out at end of year) Josh McRoberts, N Mohammed Vlad Radmanovic

Allowing them to shed Marion's salary freeing more room to make a run at Paul, Howard, Smith etc...

Trade number two

Orlando trades Al Harrington, Gustavo Ayon

Orlando receives Charlie Villanueva

Detroit trades Charlie Villanueva

Detroit receives Al Harrington Gustavo Ayon

This frees more cap space for Detroit next year by Harrington's buyout being next season while for Orlando gives us more cap space for 2014 offseason.

Trade number three

Orlando trades Aaron Afflalo

Orlando receives Tony Allen Jarred Bayless Memphis first round pick 2014

Memphis trades Tony Allen Jarred Bayless Memphis first round pick 2014

Memphis receives Aaron Affalo

Orlando gains more future cap space for 2014 and another draft pick future asset.

Memphis locks in their long term shooting guard at an affordable price to make multiple runs at the western conference.

This leaves Orlando with the following rotation giving rookies ample playing time and future financial flexibility / trade assets to go for one of WIggins / Parker in 2014 draft plus the free agent space to chase big name free agents in the stellar class of 2014.

PG Nelson, Bayless Smith Jenkins

SG Allen Moore Jones

SF Harkness Jefferson Turkoglu

PF Nicholson Villanueva Tyler

C Vucevic Biedrins O'Quinn

With one of Jenkins or Smith to be brought out

Tony Allen is an expiring and Turkoglu could potentially brought out at the end of season.

Allen would then hopefully be replaced by Shabbazz or McLemore at Shooting guard next season with our first pick.

Phoenix probably hangs up the phone (then again, Phoenix is awfully managed), Indiana's GM probably wets himself that Phoenix would be so stupid.

Awfully managed but they did secure Gortat and dump Hedo and JRich....Im going to stop now before name my old whipping boy.

This made me lol.

The Brooklyn Nets are looking to make small upgrades before the playoffs and have identified Orlando Magic forward Hedo Türkoğlu as a potential trade target before the February 21st trading deadline, said veteran NBA reporter Peter Vecsey on the Crossover podcast on Sunday. The Nets, Vecsey said, don't see themselves as championship contenders yet and will look to make a small trade rather than a splashier one. "They might get Türkoğlu for the rest of the year for Kris Humphries' contract," Vecsey said.

Türkoğlu, who turns 34 on March 19, is averaging 3.2 points, 2.2 rebounds, and 1.7 assists per game for Orlando in the final guaranteed season of his contract. He is owed $12 million in 2013/14, but only $6 million of that money is guaranteed, according to ShamSports. What that guarantee means is that Orlando, or whichever team holds his rights over the summer, can pay him $6 million to become a free agent. The $6 million would count against his team's salary cap for the balance of the season.

This made me lol.

Made me spit out my sip of coffee. Thanks a lot for posting that, had to clean my computer screen.

Really though, how the hell would that be a small upgrade for them? Maybe a microscopic one in some far off galaxy were a players value on the court is measured by how much pizza one can eat?