Orlando Magic Toaster

Is Anyone else enjoying watching the Lakers?

Gasol is good, but they're not using him the right way. He's shooting 3s for god's sake!

Problem with Dwight is you can't pull anyone from the basket with him. Gasol works well in the high post which creates cutting lanes (same thing we try to do with Nik), Nash needs room to work as well. Dwights man can just sag down and clog things up.

Now on D, Gasol is in trouble but that has almost always been the case.

Put Stan in as their coach, or go back to Phil Jackson, and that team would be a damn monster. Steve Nash and that uptempo offense needs to go, but then, I rather enjoy watching them try to stuff a square peg in a round hole.

lulz

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8817247/dwight-howard-says-los-angeles-lakers-play-each-other

When asked to compare the still-developing dynamic between himself and Howard to the run he had with O'Neal, Bryant laughed.

"That was a different dynamic. Shaq and I were a different dynamic," Bryant said. "That type of duo, you're not going to find another duo like that ever. There were other duos that were better than us, (Scottie) Pippen and (Michael) Jordan. But you'll never find a duo with two dominant personalities like myself and Shaquille. That was kind of a once-in-a-lifetime thing."

Looking back on those years, Bryant said he's amazed the peace held as long as it did.

"That just wasn't going to last," he said, laughing. "You have too many alpha males. What do you think would happen if you put Jordan with Wilt? It's just not going to happen."

Howard was then asked if he thought he had the same kind of alpha male personality as O'Neal.

"You can't look at it as the alpha male. It's basketball. We're not a pack of wolves," Howard said.

"There's different ways to lead a team. Sometimes you have to follow to learn how to lead. I've done an excellent job with guys of being somebody they can all come to if they have a problem.

"But if they're not working the way they need to work, I'm the guy that will tell 'em, 'Hey, you need to get in the weight room or get some extra shots up.' That's where I come in. I don't have to bark about it to you guys (reporters) or to the team."

Howard then explained what his definition of an "alpha male" is.

"If you're an alpha male, you don't have to always show that you're the alpha male," he said. "Just be who you are. You come in the room, people know you're there.

"My presence is felt every day, and I don't have to come here and growl and snarl at people. I don't have to do all that."

Don't know if anyone's watching tonight, but this was pretty funny: Pau gets whacked in the face with an elbow, has to leave the game. George Karl can now pick anyone on the Lakers to shoot the FTs in Pau's place. Doesn't pick Dwight, picks Earl "Alright, thanks man" Clark. Who makes both FTs. Laker forum explodes into "why isn't he playing more???"

Edit: LOL it gets even better!!! Howard blocks a shot straight to Gallinari with the shotclock almost out, who drains a 3. Funny stuff.

Don't know if anyone's watching tonight, but this was pretty funny: Pau gets whacked in the face with an elbow, has to leave the game. George Karl can now pick anyone on the Lakers to shoot the FTs in Pau's place. Doesn't pick Dwight, picks Earl "Alright, thanks man" Clark. Who makes both FTs. Laker forum explodes into "why isn't he playing more???"

Nah, it's the rule; the opposing coach must choose a player from your BENCH to shoot the FT. Howard was on the court at the time.

The game was a ton of fun, all around. It sure is gonna suck when they start winning - lets hope DH asks for a trade to Brooklyn soon :shard:

Nah, it's the rule; the opposing coach must choose a player from your BENCH to shoot the FT. Howard was on the court at the time.

The game was a ton of fun, all around. It sure is gonna suck when they start winning - lets hope DH asks for a trade to Brooklyn soon :shard:/>

Ah, thanks, I didn't know that. I thought it was anyone who could be picked.

• Upvote 1

Now there's reports out that Kobe and Dwight had an altercation after the 76ers loss. It's been said that Dwight had to be restrained from going after Kobe. This is comical if its true LOL.

Someone should point out to Dwight that this injury only happened because he is now a Laker. :rolleyes:

Dwight Howard has a torn labrum and Pau Gasol has a concussion. Both are out indefinitely

Posted this in the Magic thread, but it's more fitting here:

Wow those LA fans are QUICK to throw rocks at Dwight. Now he's out "indefinately" with a torn labrum in his shoulder (which is bad, real bad - Jameer had the same, although he dislocated his shoulder too) and those Lakers fans are saying they're sick of him, hate him, all his fault, soft, weakminded, quitting on this team and whatnot. Best of all, because how this season has unfolded for them after automatically winning the championship on August 10th, many now feel they're "so unlucky". Err... Yeah. The Lakers are "unlucky". Right. Ermm... No. What most other teams and fanbases have to go through just finally hit them.

BACQec2CUAEarIw.jpg

Kobe tweeted this

The mamba vs d12 !! It's on lol pic.twitter.com/cZQO5Avf