Orlando Magic Toaster

Is Anyone else enjoying watching the Lakers?

This article made me chuckle a little...

" From the start, there was one thing most likely to keep Mike D’Antoni from returning as Lakers coach — free agent Dwight Howard.

It may not have been that direct — and it may not change who is the Lakers coach next season — but apparently Howard let Lakers management know exactly how he feels about D’Antoni."

http://probasketball...d-with-dantoni/

"We had to just sell out to whatever he wanted, whether we liked it or not," Howard said of D'Antoni following his exit interview.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9296662/sources-dwight-howard-voiced-displeasure-mike-dantoni-gm

now, wait a cotton picking minute ... isn't that the order of things? coaches coach and players execute the coaches coaching ...

What are the chances he re-ups with LA?

slim. they have a lot of work to do. he's not concerned with the "extra 30 million" he'd lose leaving

If I were Dwight Id realize my world class agent is the Otis Smith of agents. Seriously...what has HWNSNBU done for Dwight that would be seen as a positive? Anything? Bueller?Youd think one of these other big name agents could be able to create a better image for the guy. I just cant see him being in a significantly better spot than had he stayed in Orlando and waited for the garbage to be moved from the roster. LA is a dead end for a couple more years and the Heat dont need Dwight so how does he win a title? Selfishly Id still like to see him say he misses home, fire HWNSNBU and come home leaving the Lakers w/o a sign and trade. If there is one thing the public loves it is a reformed person...a changed man. If it would get AA, Turk and Baby off the payroll Id give LA those three (and those three only)....LOL. No quicker way to rebuild with the best chance of contending with the Heat.

Lol I brought Orlando up to him months ago. No way I see him returning although he tends to mention all the time that everything about last season was worse than Orlando. He wants to win immediately so even tho some of us would love to have him back it won't happen. And I really don't get why he uses HWNSNBU for and need him for. Guess he needs him now for business outside of basketball after firing his cousin

The NBA's third team was made of Houston's James Harden, Miami's Dwyane Wade, Lakers center Dwight Howard and forwards Paul George of Indiana and David Lee of Golden State ...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9305393/lebron-james-kobe-bryant-voted-all-nba-first-team

The freaking third team ... I think this is hilarious, for a guy SO self absorbed, even though IMO he deserves even worse ...

The NBA's third team was made of Houston's James Harden, Miami's Dwyane Wade, Lakers center Dwight Howard and forwards Paul George of Indiana and David Lee of Golden State ...

http://espn.go.com/n...-nba-first-team

The freaking third team ... I think this is hilarious, for a guy SO self absorbed, even though IMO he deserves even worse ...

Yup, bad for his career as an individual player.

Steve Clifford hired by the Bobcats... now this doesn't increase the chances of Dwight staying in LA does it?

I'm not going to root for the Rockets to lose if they get Howard. I'll be over Dwight leaving if LA is left in ruins.

I'm not going to root for the Rockets to lose if they get Howard. I'll be over Dwight leaving if LA is left in ruins.

Well, I definitely won't root for the Rockets. They'd probably still be a middling team in the West with Dwight, anyway. that is, unless he finds Mike's Secret Stuff and gets back to his MVP form from 2010-11, learns to play unselfishly, and becomes a real leader... which I don't think will happen.