Orlando Magic Toaster

Is Anyone else enjoying watching the Lakers?

Wherever Howard goes he will damage team chemistry. He will damage the offensive flow by demanding the ball and whining when he does not get his way. He lacks the maturity and discipline needed to fully reach his potential. For all of his talent I do not think he should be among the highest paid players in the league.

Not going to happen but if he went to the Spurs he would not get the better of a head coach like Coach Pop. If you pair him with the right head coach that knows how to deal with him, and motivate him to play to his potential then Dwight can still be an asset to the majority of teams.

But I agree with you, he doesn't deserve to be among the highest paid players any more in the league, especially after the last two seasons have shown just how much of a cry baby he is.

To back up some of what was in my previous post, this just in from DwightAlmighty:

"I want to get away from everything and focus on me and making the decision for me, and that's not happening today," Howard said after meeting with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and coach Mike D'Antoni.

"I'm just going to get away, and I don't think that I should get pressured by anybody to make a decision because this decision is for myself and myself only, and making a decision like this, you don't want to make it off emotions. You don't want to make it off what other people are saying."

This is a totally self-centered person who believes everything revolves around him. He is not going to blend his abilities and talents into a team effort, he is going to demand that everything goes through him.

I don't want to live in a world where Roy Hibbert gets max money and Dwight Howard doesn't. He averaged 17 and 12 with a bad back and shoulder, on a team that wasn't very good to begin with. Add on terrible coaching and injuries, and you have yourself a bad season. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but even while being a diva and having the worst year of his career, he's still better than every other big in the league. No ESPN, Marc Gasol is not better.

He needs to grow up and stop being an idiot if he wants to get back to the way he was playing in 09, but he's still really effective on a basketball court.

Just imagine if he had the drive and maturity of a guy like Kevin Durant. He'd be a legend in the NBA. But instead, he's a crybaby and acts like a teenage girl.

Here is the thing with Howard: everything he says is "me me me me". What if he said "where can I fit best? where can my talents be used most effectively"? I think if you could look back at someone like Jabbar you would see a dominating player who was quiet, and who always did what his team needed him to do, not necessarily what he wanted to do. An unselfish player willing to do what was needed to win, whether that put him in the spotlight or not.

Here is the thing with Howard: everything he says is "me me me me". What if he said "where can I fit best? where can my talents be used most effectively"? I think if you could look back at someone like Jabbar you would see a dominating player who was quiet, and who always did what his team needed him to do, not necessarily what he wanted to do. An unselfish player willing to do what was needed to win, whether that put him in the spotlight or not.

Jabbar was only quiet because Twitter didn't exist.

Just imagine if he had the drive and maturity of a guy like Kevin Durant. He'd be a legend in the NBA. But instead, he's a crybaby and acts like a teenage girl.

He'd be better off with Durant's FT% :D

Jabbar was only quiet because Twitter didn't exist.

Sure.

Jabbar, Howard, it's a twitter thing.

blacksportslegends1.jpg

Sure.

Jabbar, Howard, it's a twitter thing.

blacksportslegends1.jpg

Oh right, because what I said was racist. But since you want to bring up history, here is a history lesson for you. Not too long ago, KAJ went on a tangent in the public complaining about not having a statue outside of Staples. He is just as big of a whiner as Dwight has ever been.

As with Bill Russell also in that picture, many people came to Ali's defense regarding his beliefs and him not wanting to go to war. That's not the "quiet" that was being discussed in the thread. HAD suggested that Jabbar was not a "me me me" guy, which is false.

magicblue is already this forum's resident straw man, we don't need another one.

So Trey, who are you calling a strawman? Do you really dispute there is a huge difference between the character and maturity of Jabbar and the Dwightmare?

Oh right, because what I said was racist. But since you want to bring up history, here is a history lesson for you. Not too long ago, KAJ went on a tangent in the public complaining about not having a statue outside of Staples. He is just as big of a whiner as Dwight has ever been.

As with Bill Russell also in that picture, many people came to Ali's defense regarding his beliefs and him not wanting to go to war. That's not the "quiet" that was being discussed in the thread. HAD suggested that Jabbar was not a "me me me" guy, which is false.

magicblue is already this forum's resident straw man, we don't need another one.

So Trey, who are you calling a strawman? Do you really dispute there is a huge difference between the character and maturity of Jabbar and the Dwightmare?

That wasn't directed at you.