Orlando Magic Toaster

Is Anyone else enjoying watching the Lakers?

Sometimes, you wonder if Kobe can see the forest through the trees. He might be turning on Dwight Howard already — you can see it — a crucial development since Dwight could simply flee to Dallas, Houston or Atlanta next summer. Howard's missed free throws are driving Kobe batty; he can barely hide his disdain on the court anymore. Same for Howard's trying-too-hard-to-be-jovial routine and a general impression that Howard doesn't live and die with the result of every basketball game. From what I heard, Kobe already played the "You don't know anything about winning championships!" card with Howard — during a scrimmage last week, when the second team beat the first team partly because Howard checked out (he wasn't getting the ball enough), followed by Kobe blistering him. That same week, Kobe needled Gasol publicly for not sucking it up with knee tendinitis, saying he needed to "put your big boy pants." The whole thing is strange. Really, really weird to watch. Especially for me, just one week after hearing the greatest winner in basketball history say that he never criticized a teammate — not once.

Anyone not see this coming?

http://www.grantland...e-kobe-question

I like the way teams are no longer intimidated playing "The Lakers." Even teams like Cleveland will now play all the way to the final buzzer without giving up and thinking it is inevitable that they will lose in the final minutes. I am enjoying this.

The Lakers are apparently looking to clear a roster spot to sign Delonte West, Duhon's days may be numbered.

Crap, signing him would put them over the top. The rest of the league should just give up.

Really though, what is he doing without a team. I thought he was an ok player. And, if true, since when does a "loaded" team look to make signing unless there is big injury. Maybe that means Nash is injured more than reported?

Crap, signing him would put them over the top. The rest of the league should just give up.

Really though, what is he doing without a team. I thought he was an ok player. And, if true, since when does a "loaded" team look to make signing unless there is big injury. Maybe that means Nash is injured more than reported?

Let's just say Delonte is a headcase

I gotta say that I'm enjoying the fall of LA. Haven't even heard Shaq lataly. Prob just sitting back enjoying every minute like me. But what I enjoy the most is that the Hack-a-Howard technique is taking the ball away from Kobe during a time when Kobe would usually take over..... Having second thoughts there Black Mamba???

Am I enjoying the fall of a Hollywood team that thought they were something.....

Yes.

Am I surprised at how Howard has handled it so far......

No.

The guy is a walking repeater, just repeats the same line from the years prior... 'We cant give up, we will come together as a team...." Maybe one day the Lakers will actually build a championship team the old fashion way.