Orlando Magic Toaster

Is Anyone else enjoying watching the Lakers?

Has anyone else been watching/reading all the drama going on for the Lakers?

I think it has been interesting to watch also but for the opposite reasons with the Dwightmare in full swing and all the drama after there losses, it's like a story that just keeps on giving.. Also there playing the Knicks Thursday so that will be interesting and if they lose to the Cav's or Wizards....

• Upvote 2

Has anyone else been watching/reading all the drama going on for the Lakers?

I think it has been interesting to watch also but for the opposite reasons with the Dwightmare in full swing and all the drama after there losses, it's like a story that just keeps on giving.. Also there playing the Knicks Thursday so that will be interesting and if they lose to the Cav's or Wizards....

They had possibly the worst coach of the league, and replaced him with a middle of the pack one.

If the Lakers can't beat the Knicks and lose to either the Cavs or Wizards I fully expect Kobe will get D'Antoni fired lol... No, really I think D'Antoni has until Nash is healthy, if they don't start winning games from then on after he's been giving it the whole "things will change when he's back" then he's gone.

EDIT: What's funny is a lot of fans called the fact that the Lakers would find it hard to gel and would struggle with injuries due to their age and yet the so called "experts" are surprised.

Honestly, I hope only the worst for them. I'm looking forward to Kobe and his underbite retiring in a fit of impotent rage; Howard proving that while he can fill a stat-sheet, he's a poisonous teammate; and the Lake-show returning to irrelevance while they hunt for the next superstar to steal.

Nash wont' fix anything; Their defense is the main issue.

Which is confusing as hell since they have multiple DPOY players.

Also, i'd like to remind everyone the genius that is SVG.

No, I have not really watched a full game. Personally, I can't stand to watch Howard. I love to hear that they have lost a game. Don't worry, some team will be forced to give up a good player to the Lakers for nothing.

Nash wont' fix anything; Their defense is the main issue.

Which is confusing as hell since they have multiple DPOY players.

Also, i'd like to remind everyone the genius that is SVG.

I've been thinking this same thing. SVG should get some honorable mentions in any discussions concerning the Lakers' breakdown.

Also, I had a dream where SVG ended up coaching the Knicks, and I was at odds as to how I should feel about that.

Yes, I've enjoyed it. Dwight is such an egomaniac and can no longer blame his teammates, especially when it's very clear he struggles finishing games (at the line) and sharing shots with other egomaniacs.

smile_bigparty.gifsmile_bigparty.gifsmile_bigparty.gif

For the first time in my adult life I am actually following the Lakers. Every meltdown and breakdown is priceless. I especially love when they lose at home, especially when the fans give up and start leaving early. They have always been a late-arriving bunch of fans so I am tickled they are not getting their money's worth for their tickets. That game we played against them was spectacular and I enjoyed every minute. I think we do have some potential for some more upset wins this year. And I agree, Stern will rig things so some team has to give up a player to fix one of his flagship teams .

For the first time in my adult life I am actually following the Lakers. Every meltdown and breakdown is priceless. I especially love when they lose at home, especially when the fans give up and start leaving early. They have always been a late-arriving bunch of fans so I am tickled they are not getting their money's worth for their tickets. That game we played against them was spectacular and I enjoyed every minute. I think we do have some potential for some more upset wins this year. And I agree, Stern will rig things so some team has to give up a player to fix one of his flagship teams .

Coming strong. Nice post!

I lived in L.A. for 18 years before moving to Florida. I was a Laker fan when Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Rambis, etc were tearing it up. I knew I would eventually move to Florida so I became a Magic fan in the 1st year and by the time I moved here in '93 I already had a ton of gear. I stayed a Laker fan right up until they got Dwight... now I'm a BIG fan of whoever they play against! I love reading the recaps and checking the box score to see how Dwight is doing at the line. Hack a Howard for everyone! Woohoo!

It looks like Superman needs help!

“Guys have to understand I’m going to try to block shots and I’m going to help as early as I can and I’m going to be there,” Howard was quoted as saying. “We have to get each other’s back.”

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/12/10/dwight-howard-wants-help-on-defense/