Sign in to follow this  
Bo Bandy

Andrew Nicholson

My concern with players like that is whether or not you can learn toughness. It would be ideal that both get stronger and better on D. We could have a nice frontcourt for the future.

True, especially Vuc... he needs toughness and athleticism but as you said, I don't know if you can teach that

I think Vucci's toughness will get better with his confidence. When we were playing the Lakers I noticed Vuc getting more comfortable and a little more active in the inside with Dwight especially when we knew that we had a damn good chance of winning. He's now a starter and getting to see how he measures up to some of the centers in the league.

Give the kid some goggles, he's like a young Horace Grant. Very shrewd pickup with the 19th pick.

The goggles would be the only similarity between the two players.

How is a guy averaging 10 boards a game soft? :chairshot:/>

I think he could do better when finishing to scorer around the basket.

The goggles would be the only similarity between the two players.

?

There's a little bit more there than that...the shot, rebounding, fg placement, size don't ring any bells to you?

There's a little bit more there than that...the shot, rebounding, fg placement, size don't ring any bells to you?

Pity his not Horace Grant on the defensive end yet but I'm sure he'll get closer.

?

Horace Grant was an excellent defender/rebounder with a limited offensive game other than being a good pick and pop player. And other than his shooting ability, these were his strengths coming out of college too.

Andrew Nicholson is a pretty good offensive player who can score in a lot of different ways and is a poor (at least at this point in his career) rebounder and defender.

I'll add "They both played power forward for the Orlando Magic" if it makes you feel any better. The two players really aren't comparable.

Horace Grant was an excellent defender/rebounder with a limited offensive game other than being a good pick and pop player. And other than his shooting ability, these were his strengths coming out of college too.

Andrew Nicholson is a pretty good offensive player who can score in a lot of different ways and is a poor (at least at this point in his career) rebounder and defender.

I'll add "They both played power forward for the Orlando Magic" if it makes you feel any better. The two players really aren't comparable.

I'll give you a pass since you probably either didn't see or remember Horace from his earlier days. The likeness is almost uncanny, and certainly better than the David West comparisons. Give Nich some time on D