Sign in to follow this  
MoMagic1

New Orlean Hornets change team name....

Pelicans?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about it?

Got to say, the name sucks but the logo and colours etc look very good. Some of the other entrants were great too.

That logo looks like it was made in MS paint.

Another logo thats swirling around the internet is this one. personally i think it looks good. but I dont know how the jerseys would look like.

9atszq.jpg

These are the team colors that the Owners wife wants. per yahoo article:

"Also, Benson's wife, Gayle, recently told Fox Sports New Orleans she wanted the team's colors to change to navy blue, red and gold."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-hornets-change-nickname-pelicans-010020067--nba.html

Though I don't like the name now, I think it will be fine once people get used to it. Most people will probably just call them the "Pels" anyway. I like that last logo, and I think the unis could work, as it's similar to the Cavs color scheme.

Another logo thats swirling around the internet is this one. personally i think it looks good. but I dont know how the jerseys would look like.

9atszq.jpg

I can dig it.

9atszq.jpg

Sailors colors would be much more relevant for the Hornets. Seems like a much better idea. I support this logo.

This is the worst team name in all of professional sports. And it's not even close. Only slightly worse than the Orlando Juice which never came to fruition thank God.

This is the worst team name in all of professional sports. And it's not even close. Only slightly worse than the Orlando Juice which never came to fruition thank God.

ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png

I would say "like it", because I would've preferred "The Krewe of New Orleans" (one of the choices along with New Orleans Brass). But I clicked "love it" for what it represents.

Tom Benson saved the team by buying it to keep it in New Orleans. There is a similar situation going on in Buffalo. While the Sabres owner is saying he doesn't particularly want to buy the Bills, if it comes down to him buying or the team moving he's going to buy them.

As most as found out via SportsCenter, the Pelican is the state bird of Louisiana and is on the state flag. So while it is not the greatest NBA name ever, it is a great New Orleans sports name.

And it's still better than Bobcats, Clippers, Wizards, Browns (whose logo is an orange helmet), Blue Jackets, etc.