Sign in to follow this  
NittanyBuc

NBA Fines Spurs $250K for Resting Players

Don't they price tickets for games based on the talent on the floor? Like Gold, Silver and bronze games.. I was told this when i went to see Magic v Celtics and the tickets were a good bit more than any other Magic game I've been to against 76ers, Hawks, Mavericks, Bulls (pre Rose) and Bobcats..

So surely tickets would have been at a silver or gold level for this game based on the Spurs roster.. Therefore they would have advertsied these players and fans would have paid to see them..

I do think the fine is very high but it's too early n the season to be resting players and it certainly doesn't look good for the league if teams aren't going to take the regular season 100% seriously.

Not sure about the ticket prices, but other than maybe running promotions to get fans to come to game against the Wizards of the league, have not heard anything about that.

My point really was, when your a fan of team is good and you are going to a game against another good team, you go expecting to the the other teams good players playing and hoping to see your team come out on top. I am ok with them resting their players and agree that this might not be an issues had this not been a TNT game, just do not think he should have resting all three at once.

Pop should have seen that fine coming a mile away. There is a reason the regular season is a rediculous 82-games long.

You can get around a bad spot in the calendar by a million different ways rather than airlining the starting lineup back to Texas before the actual unwinnable game.

It's a silent understanding and they're all mature enough to get it. If every coach did that (which of course is within his 'right'), the overall NBA product would struggle to be half as appealing to the consumer base. Regular season is a series of cheap all-star games. Panem and circenses.

Tactics like what Pop pulled belong to the playoffs - where they matter.

• Upvote 1