Sign in to follow this  
OB3LISK

Tanking The Season

Get a Bad Record for High Lotto Pick Chance?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Orlando Magic should lose games as a strategy to get a high draft lotto pick?

• Yes, Magic should lose.
    • No, Magic should continue to win because I think they can make the playoffs.
    • No, Magic should continue to win for some other reason, but I do not think they can make the playoffs.

Woah woah no one wants to be illegal. Of course we play sensibly and aim to win where we can, it's just a matter of not overstressing the team to put points up, as mentioned in the case of Jameer Nelson. I mean, look at the team and how many people are injured. If you know the team isn't going to make the playoffs then there's no reason to push so hard for victory every night, and the draft pick is just a bonus incentive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abThcjwuW4w

• Upvote 1

"Losing games on purpose" is illegal. There's ways to circumvent the legalities, as with anything else, but deliberately losing and acknowledging that fact is illegal. You have to at least attempt to remain competitive.

Otherwise, don't you think teams would have already done this? Seriously, did you think this was such a great idea that only a mind like yours could compose?

My God this is getting bad.

No need to be a condescending ***** about it.

Actually, I do that all the time. Carry on...

No need to be a condescending ***** about it.

Actually, I do that all the time. Carry on...

I was so close to "paying you a visit" there for a second...

I was so close to "paying you a visit" there for a second...

If you want to sex me, I'm a phone call away.

I think our roster is bad enough to lose games without the team placing an emphasis on it.

• Upvote 1

I dont think it is about tanking, I do think it is about the development of our younger players. We need to play them more mins. It is funny. our best scorer is andrew and he can barely get in the game over mcbob.

You can pretty much tell when players aren't trying. As a fan, there's nothing more demotivating than that, in my opinion. Cue Herm Edwards.

Oh, and hello, by the way. I didn't see a newbie section, so this is my first post.

PS. NittanyBuc, I think I like a lot of your players, but I won't start a side conversation here. (Nice Gif)

Edit: NB already beat me to the Herm Edwards reference.

Edited by dbfan2007