Soul Bro

Most Impressive, Most Disappointing

I figure we could create an ongoing list for the 2012-2013 Magic season of the most impressive and disappointing players.

Most Impressive:

• Henny - For dumping salary, not picking up Bynum and getting some young guns
  • Jacque - For good, young leadership
  • Redick - A great team guy. Love that's he's stepped up
  • Moore - Dude looks like a very promising floor leader
  • Affalo - Toughness and shooting. Like it
  • Vucevic - Love the quiet, consistent effort. Find the weight room

Most Disappointing:

• Baby - Dude I love you but involve your team more. You're like an automatic bazooka out there at times
  • Moe - Where are you, kid? Come on, man!
  • Ayon - Please learn the defense. Please!
  • Ish - How are you in the league? Surprise us, please!

• Upvote 2

Good thread bro;

I agree with your assessment but I think we need to give Harkless some time. He's still probably not in very good shape yet. I'd give it about 5-6 more games before I critiqued him.

These opinions could be completely different at the end of the season, we are only 5 games in but in general I'm happy with the front office and coaching of the Magic thus far, as for everything else:

Most Impressive thus far:

-Afflalo, love his toughness and grit, he also has a fairly balanced offensive game, he can shoot the three ball, pull up a jumper, or take it to the rim.

-Moore, will be a good bench player when Jameer returns

-JJ, for generally being the key to our entire offense with his movement off the ball and passing (even if it has seemed to affect his three shooting)

Least Impressive Thus Far

- BBD's lack of efficiency and poor decision making (A THREE?!)

-Ayon and Ish just generally being bad.

Moore is a Jamal Crawford type guard, but is a terrible option starting games. Not a point guard. Jameer needs to get healthy.

Why not a PG? He had 8 asissts vs Knicks and 0 turnovers. It is only his second year and he was not really playing his first season, so he is still learning to play a PG position. He has great size and strength for the PG position, great shooter. I hope we keep playing him there because he won't be successful SG in the NBA. But if he becomes confident at PG he'll be great.

Impressive: Definitely Redick and Afflalo. Also, I like what I'm seeing from E'Twaun as well. And, if Harkless (and Nicholson to some extent (need more rebounds)) continues to play like he did against the Knicks, then we got one great ball player. He is amazing defender, and if he can score around 10 points per game...brilliant!

Disappointing: Definitely Ayon...the guy looks plain awful, I just feel nervous every time I see him on the court. Ish has been bad as well, and McRoberts is not impressing as well.

I'm just glad that there is so much potential on this team. SF position could be good with Jones and Harkless, when Hedo leaves. Harrington will be a good mentor, and I think he can come in handy this year. We were in quite a few games, and that was without Jameer, Hedo and Harrington. I wouldn't say yet that we are going to be awful this season. I'd just love to have Redick stay on this team. We don't probably need a big name rookie even, if this team gels, we might have a good team in years to come. Someone at center would be good. And I would start playing O'Quinn instead of Ayon, it's not like we will lose anything by doing that.

I didn't know much about Afflalo, but I am impressed with his work ethic. If his shot is not falling he still works hard and he is willing to make that extra pass. You never see him take a play off.

Nicholson and Harkles have tremendous potential. I hope we can develop that so that they can play up to that potential.

Vuccevic also has potential. We need to have someone working with him on developing his defensive skills and on attacking the rim.

Moore will get there. Sometimes he looks absolutely amazing and then he will fall into the trap of pulling up and taking a quick 3 intead of trying to set a play. Jameer still does this at times too.

JJ - I would love for him to try running the point for a game with Moore at the 2 and Afflalo at the 3.

I agree with the sentiments I am seeing here. I see long term potential in Vucevic, Nicholson, and Harkless. Moore has been a nice surprise, but he brings the ball up the court just like Duhon. Fortunately he is younger so he has his athleticism and speed still. Hopefully he commits to improving his handles. Jury out on Ayon, Jones, and O'Quinn. I like BBD's mettle but he his decision making ability leaves a bit to be desired.

I would rather trade Afflalo than Redick at this point, although Redick clearly has the more favorable contract.

I agree with the sentiments I am seeing here. I see long term potential in Vucevic, Nicholson, and Harkless. Moore has been a nice surprise, but he brings the ball up the court just like Duhon. Fortunately he is younger so he has his athleticism and speed still. Hopefully he commits to improving his handles. Jury out on Ayon, Jones, and O'Quinn. I like BBD's mettle but he his decision making ability leaves a bit to be desired.

I would rather trade Afflalo than Redick at this point, although Redick clearly has the more favorable contract.

Moore can also score by getting in the paint and hitting open shots. He also can player bigger pt guards in the post. Something we have lacked since Dooling left.

To update the list for recent play...

Most Impressive:

• Aaron - Shooting 46% from three-land over the last five games. Love your intensity
  • Moe-Moe - Shooting 57% the last five games and rebounding like a champ
  • The Professor (Nicholson) - Shooting 50% over the last five games
  • McBob - Shooting 61% over the last five games

Most Disappointing

• Gustavo - Wow are you stinky
  • Sickness and Injuries - Stop messing with Meer and JJ
  • Dwight Howard - Haha. I hope you've enjoyed your last 2 games