Brook Lopez

brook-lopez1.jpg

Injuries:

Gerald Wallace

Key Bench:

CJ Watson

Andray Blatche

Marshon Brooks

Thoughts and Predictions: First of all, how is Keith Bogans still in the league?!?!?!??!?!

Anyway, I hope Jameer Nelson comes back tonight because I don't think we have a chance without his leadership on the court. Deron Williams will take advantage of the inexperienced Moore. Afflalo has his work cut out as well. I also give the nod to the Nets' bench.

On the flip side, I expect our front line to outrebound the Nets. I think if we can convert enough 2nd chance opportunities we could keep the game close.

Prediction: Big Baby spends his entire warm-up routine shooting 3s when he finally hits one, he runs around the court licking his lips and yelling I BELIEVE

• Upvote 4

Don't think McBob is starting at 3 this game.....no need for a PF to guard 6"5 Bogans who's playing out of position....actually i wouldn't mind starting Harkless....Jones had a start so i would see what Harkless can do while it's still early....doubt it though......would love to bounce back and win this game but you never know....Afflalo is going to have his first real defensive test tonight guarding Joe Johnson hopefully he can limit him some.....Win or Lose i'm just glad Magic Basketball is back in full swing...it seemed like the off-season lasted forever

The game we must win for sure.

I hate that Brook "best C in the world" Lopez and his gang.

100-97 Magic win!

Im glad we are getting Dwight's return game out of the way early in the season. Hopefully Brook can contain him but he will probably go for 50. I expect a nice round of boos for those of you going to the game.

Prediction: Lopez whiffs on a blocked shot attempt and makes his face like that one above and all the kids under 5 scream monster and start crying into their mommies chest.

Oh, and for the game, we win by 10.

Brook-Lopez.jpg

?

Haven't posted in a while so after a busy week here are random thoughts going into this game:

I want Jameer to play.. and either way, hoping Moore plays better than he did against Minnesota.

Best/worst picture of Brook Lopez ever.. lol, the hell..?

The more Moe Harkless the better!! The GF already wants his jersey after one game. (Gerald Wallace Jr. without the crashing and burning...???)

I actually thought Ayon was our better center last game, but it would be nice to see him and Nikola actually play well in the same game. (disclaimer: MSN.com spoiled me on the Chicago game, so I missed the last three quarters)

Gushing over J.J. Redick so far this year, one of my better fantasy calls early in the season along with J.J. Hickson up in Portland. Hell, Redick being starter quality eventually and calling that when he was a rookie is one of my better calls of all NBA times. But even I never thought he'd be this pesky defensively, this consistent overall. When Minnesota makes sure they have AK-47 and his length on the guy, I think the league is already starting to take notice of the early season dynamics of the Magic. His passing is not a fluke and hasn't been for a couple of years now, if not longer.

Super happy with Aaron Afflalo, except that I feel a little bad for him. He takes every loss like the end of the world. Great for all the young guys around him to see, but I hope he doesn't fall into depression or anything because some more losses are definitely coming.

While I would (and I think I did) settle on a 35 win season, I think this team definitely has 41-41 upside in a "meh at best" eastern conference. They're gonna get healthier, Vaughn is gonna figure out the best players to play in the rotation, especially while Hedo is out. Guys I was a little worried about like McRoberts, mostly because he stunk up the joint with the Lakers, definitely more than when he was a Pacer, he's come through with some nice moments.

My thing with how the team can improve the most right now is their fast break offense and their defense.. gotta play on the road like you do at home. Hopefully that comes with time. Also I hope the turnovers against the T-Wolves don't become a trend, either.

Great thing about this season is that losses aren't the worst thing in the world anymore, but I still want this one tonight. For all their tampering, all their nonsense, the last thing I want to do besides lose to the Lakers or Heat at home? Is to lose to the Nets at home. GO MAGIC.

• Upvote 1