Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Official Glen Davis Thread

Length troubles him because he has completely no elevation on offense. That three pointer yesterday made me cringe especially when we where actually in with a shot and Afflalo was putting in work.

I don't understand how people can be hating on Glen Davis right now though. It was a bad game but for most part he's put his head down taken the ball to the ring and hasn't taken that many bad shots (I know the three was bad get over it). He follows suit with the whole culture Vaughn is trying to develop around here. Effort, hustle, leadership and energy. He's one of my favorite players in the team.

Davis has always been a guy who wants to take big shots also, you can't hate on confidence.

I want him attacking the basket and shooting mid-range. NO 3'S...EVER.

In his defense last night, he got blocked everytime he took it to the rim. Loved the aggressiveness though. Something the Magic have lacked for a long time.

Glen is the best rebuilding piece we could possibly have. Good enough to provide leadership and give our guys that "winning culture" mentality, and bad enough to lose us winnable games.

Perfect, I tell you.

TITY knows what's up.

Glen wants to be the go to guy, he wants to carry this team. Unfortunately, he is not nearly as talented as Lebron, Kobe or KD and yet he is putting the ball up more times than all of those guys. I couldn't even watch when he kept trying to work Noah in the post and time after time got embarrassed.

I think this is it. He saw Dwight leaving and said: "Okay, this team needs someone to pick up the slack in scoring and rebounding."

Unfortunately, the answer is: "We don't have that person, so the WHOLE TEAM has to do it," and Baby, no matter how hard he tries, won't be able to do it on his own. I think JV will settle him down a little and the team will get back to team ball shortly. I don't think we'll win a whole lot more games, I just think we'll be a bit more balanced.

In his defense last night, he got blocked everytime he took it to the rim. Loved the aggressiveness though. Something the Magic have lacked for a long time.

And as a short guy (5'9), I can't tell you how many times I've had a shot blocked. But I also can't count the number of times I've fouled a shot blocker out, either. You just keep going at it....CAVEAT: AS LONG AS IT'S IN THE FLOW OF THE OFFENSE.

BBD is trying to hard. I like his leadership, but he needs to focus on his strengths: Defense, energy, and rebounding. Those are the things we need. I personally think andrew would be a better go to guy for offense, but he can not defend and rebound. so if baby is not giving us the D and rebounding we need, we should just give our young scorer the chance to put up the shoots baby is jacking up.