Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

PHX @ ORL Game Thread 11/4

We aren't a playoff team. The Cavs were around .500 the first 10 games of the season before recording the worst losing streak in NBA history.

And Redick is 100% gone; far too valuable to other teams around the league to waste his best years on a rebuilding team and Rob knows it.

It is so unfortunate that he most likely will be traded for a decent offer this season. I love Redick and would love to keep him around.

I got to see this one live! I am a little concerned about how they will play in Chicago. Crowd and team were pretty flat in the first half. It was a completely different story the second half. The crowd got involved and the offense and defense really picked up.

Did anyone else notice the game thread title has the wrong date? I didn't know we were playing today. If it has been mentioned before, then ignore this and carry on.

fixed

I actually missed the game because the gamethread title made me think it was on November 6th...

really sorry about that! i'll pay attention next time.

I got to see this one live! I am a little concerned about how they will play in Chicago. Crowd and team were pretty flat in the first half. It was a completely different story the second half. The crowd got involved and the offense and defense really picked up.

yeah. Being from Chicago, they can get rowdy towards the end. I remember people burning cars after Bulls won their championship. At the same time, they can be entertaining to watch and laugh. :shard:

fixed

really sorry about that! i'll pay attention next time.

You suck and your game thread making privileges need to be revoked!!! j/k

It's okay, man. I should have indulged my early skepticism when I first saw the thread yesterday. I said to myself "wow, here's someone who's REALLY into the Magic, making a game thread 3 days ahead of time!" I didn't think this year would be the year someone would do that, but I didn't check.

We aren't a playoff team. The Cavs were around .500 the first 10 games of the season before recording the worst losing streak in NBA history.

And Redick is 100% gone; far too valuable to other teams around the league to waste his best years on a rebuilding team and Rob knows it.

The Cavs collapses of the last two years have directly coincided with Anderson Varajao getting hurt. Just saying. Dude wasn't healthy. If he stayed healthy, they probably don't have Kyrie I... wait, that was the Clippers pick anyway, they probably don't have Dion Waiters (maybe not a bad thing) or Tristan Thompson (Again maybe not a bad thing).

We aren't that bad. We have multiple guys who have played key roles on good teams in their careers, AA and Harrington as recently as last year. BBD stepped up when Dwight got hurt last year. JJ has always played well in extended minutes.

Not a top 5 seed, but we could sneak into that 7 or 8.

What JV did tonight, with the roster he had blew me away, that man can coach, the players respect what he says, i remember last year during SVG's huddles players would not even pay attention to a damn thing.

E'twaun Moore was an astute signing by Henny and his staff. that dude is fearless and can D up.....he should be here a LONG time.

Afflatroll showed The Beas' whatsup, his intensity changed the game in the 3rd quarter

our perimeter defense is fun to watch so far...Moore/Afflalo/DQ/JJ all get after it

lastly......VUCCIMAN, i like how he started dunking everything after he got blocked a few times, attacking the offensive glass....another astute pickup by henny

• Upvote 1

With NittanyBuc, only 2 games. The energy is sure to wear off. In a month we will know what the rest of the season will truly be like. But saying that I love the new gamestyle. Was so over the Van Gundy/Howard/Three point gamestyle.

I am very excited about the gamestyle Vaughn has installed. The ball movement, off the ball movement and penetration is what I think the most exciting style of the game.

It's hard though, 60% of me is so excited for the wins... But the 40% (logical side) knows the more we lose the better we will be in the future. No point of this team not being in the bottom 5.

Losing doesn't guarantee you the first pick