Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

PHX @ ORL Game Thread 11/4

Loving the fact that we're winning.....i'm am by no means in the "Tank" bandwagon.....if we're playing hard and we lose games then i'm content with that....it's weird for me to see people worrying about tanking

I don't think we're as good as the last two games but I really don't know why people thought we'd be so bad. Glen was a double-double machine with Dwight out. JJ has been a 18-6 guy when he gets starters minutes. Meer is going to go on runs during the year. Add in a guy like Afflalo who is lethal in trasnition. Two backups PGs in Moore and Ish who both bring something different to the table. Young players who may look lost now but will only get better in our 4 rookies.

And at some point we'll get Al Harrington's scoring boost and defense off the bench.

The team is playing with a lot of emotion right now and eventually that will wear off. While I'm completely impressed with the first 2 games, get back to me a in a month. By then we'll know how good this team truly is.

probably the most contrast between this season and the last few is how fluid our offense is and how we get set up for easy baskets.....i mean honestly think back to our offense of the last few years....can you remember us getting multiple easy buckets a game like we do now? in the Stan era we had to work and struggle for every bucket and if not we would just chuck a shot up.....Now we're playing basketball out there and it shows what a difference trusting your players can make....No more looking over your shoulder if you make a mistake.....we have a nice culture building here.....now it's still early so i'm keeping an even keel but we're 2-0 right now having EASILY beat teams that the media says will be better than us....only time will tell how it turns out i guess.....

With NittanyBuc, only 2 games. The energy is sure to wear off. In a month we will know what the rest of the season will truly be like. But saying that I love the new gamestyle. Was so over the Van Gundy/Howard/Three point gamestyle.

I am very excited about the gamestyle Vaughn has installed. The ball movement, off the ball movement and penetration is what I think the most exciting style of the game.

It's hard though, 60% of me is so excited for the wins... But the 40% (logical side) knows the more we lose the better we will be in the future. No point of this team not being in the bottom 5.

With NittanyBuc, only 2 games. The energy is sure to wear off. In a month we will know what the rest of the season will truly be like. But saying that I love the new gamestyle. Was so over the Van Gundy/Howard/Three point gamestyle.

I am very excited about the gamestyle Vaughn has installed. The ball movement, off the ball movement and penetration is what I think the most exciting style of the game.

It's hard though, 60% of me is so excited for the wins... But the 40% (logical side) knows the more we lose the better we will be in the future. No point of this team not being in the bottom 5.

Yup. Agree on all points.

Nah, I'm done hoping we can land a star through the draft. In 8 years, when he's ready to win a ring, he'll leave anyway.

But regarding the energy falling off. I'm not sure it'll happen. Jameer will be back in a few days. Harkless will be playing soon, Harrington will be back eventually. Ayon will get healthy. You'll see Nicholson earning more PT. I said it in the off-season and I think it's starting to materialize; this team has really good depth and unlike last year where the team sucked if 1 or 2 guys slumped, this year I think we have people who can pick up the slack.

By no means are we a contender, but I'm not sold we aren't a playoff team either. We're a collection of good players. Even McRoberts, who appeared to play terrible had 5 points, 7 boards, and 3 assists. Unlike some of the guys in the past who have failed the eye test and put up Duhon 0-0-0-0-0-0 statlines, I see guys on this team who will do other things that will show up later.

And please, Rob, don't trade Redick. Like Jameer, dude deserves to leave her on his terms. If he wants to be back, we should give him that chance.

Nah, I'm done hoping we can land a star through the draft. In 8 years, when he's ready to win a ring, he'll leave anyway.

But regarding the energy falling off. I'm not sure it'll happen. Jameer will be back in a few days. Harkless will be playing soon, Harrington will be back eventually. Ayon will get healthy. You'll see Nicholson earning more PT. I said it in the off-season and I think it's starting to materialize; this team has really good depth and unlike last year where the team sucked if 1 or 2 guys slumped, this year I think we have people who can pick up the slack.

By no means are we a contender, but I'm not sold we aren't a playoff team either. We're a collection of good players. Even McRoberts, who appeared to play terrible had 5 points, 7 boards, and 3 assists. Unlike some of the guys in the past who have failed the eye test and put up Duhon 0-0-0-0-0-0 statlines, I see guys on this team who will do other things that will show up later.

And please, Rob, don't trade Redick. Like Jameer, dude deserves to leave her on his terms. If he wants to be back, we should give him that chance.

We aren't a playoff team. The Cavs were around .500 the first 10 games of the season before recording the worst losing streak in NBA history.

And Redick is 100% gone; far too valuable to other teams around the league to waste his best years on a rebuilding team and Rob knows it.

I'm just glad we have a solid PG core for once....Nelson with Moore backing him up is pretty decent i must say.....SO glad Duhon is gone.....in terms of the future i'm not really sold on this years draft.....no one player does anything for me but we will see as the NCAA season unfolds....we can easily build through Free Agency as well....so we don't have to be All in just for the draft.....it's good having options