Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

PHX @ ORL Game Thread 11/4

Just finished watching the Magic game. Seriously loving what I've seen so far of the Magic. Our offense just looks so fluid when we're playing and it's got so much emphasis on team. Davis/Vucevic play so well together. Davis can spread the floor and Vucevic can bang on the offensive rebounds - he's actually a much better rebounder then I initially thought.

E'Twaun Moore guarded Dragic so well today, he's gonna be great against the athletic point guards in the league I can't wait to see him up against them in the coming games.

Looks like we've found that Moore/Redick/Afflalo/Davis/Vucevic is probably our best group on the floor, guys play so well together.

Redick continued to be Redick, passing, shooting, driving, defending.

DeQuan Cook is all hustle, not much on the stat sheet but he kept numerous balls alive and played great defense, something that isn't going to show up on the stat sheet.

Vaughn's doing a great job with this team I actually can't believe I was disappointed a little with signing him over Shaw when he's the ultimate players coach. Playing extended minutes for Big Baby even when he was on 3 fouls shows the trust he has in our team. Guys like Redick/Jones/Moore are all getting rewards for their hustle and energy where if it was SVG they wouldn't hit the floor nearly as ofter (well more so Moore and Jones.)

Seriously excited about the team this year. Don't count them out to make some noise in the East it doesn't look like we're gonna think twice about tanking. This is a season about experience and we're going to take some huge learning curves but it's all progress.

Ginobili and Parker were not high picks, were they.

The way i see it we have a massive TPE and a ton of capspace coming to us soon, we have flexibility, most importantly when we get healthy we will have a buncha players with chips on their shoulders

And you're still an 8 seed AT BEST and that's the problem.

And you're still an 8 seed AT BEST and that's the problem.

Didn't H&H just miss the playoffs and then we were a David Robinson intervention away from Tim Duncan, Grant Hill, and Tracy McGrady.

If we get the 8 seed this year, I think the playoff experience you'd get guys like Moe and Andrew and Vucevic (especially Moe and Nik) would be so much more valuable than a lottery pick (even if it's one of the top 2).

I believe in the two pieces we got and the cap space we'll have to maybe add a star if those two develop. Play hard, play to win. Let's try and get some big game experience for our young guys.

Plus, a young coach who brought what was supposed to be a rag-tag team to the playoffs, that'd be quite the free agent pull.

65413_10151153909991909_452650852_n.jpg

Please..somebody put sunglasses on Jermaine O'Neal. I know you see where I'm going with this.