barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

I'm kind of worried about drafting a guy like Shabazz or Nerlens Noel mainly because I wonder what there attitudes will be like (I haven't seen many interviews) I mean, these guys have been told they're the best young players in the country for a couple of years now... They had college teams pining over them and even declared where they would be playing on TV. I just wonder whether or not either of those guys is actually franchise changing and whether or not they might clash in a culture that we're trying to build around the idea of playing as a team. I don't know...

I think a good prospect to keep an eye on for us is CJ McCollum, he fits into the Kyle O Quinn and Andrew Nicholson mold in terms of being a senior from a small school and I like how he plays, he takes it inside and gets to the line, he gets steals and he rebounds the ball pretty well too.

We would be hard pressed to find anyone to draft if we passed on all guys that have been getting their butts kissed for most of their lives. Even guys that don't have a realistic chance of making it are having agents beat down their doors to tell them how great they are.

Lol Dwight has made us paranoid. Don't worry guys, we can date the hot girl again one day.

No we cant Jareth, she will always go to the sugar daddy.:happypuppy:/>

Shabazz character is no issue, he's considered insanely competitive, but his athleticism is what's in question

Noel is very risky, the more i see him the less i like, he needs to spend atleast 2 years in college. his instincts for basketball and feel for the game are below average

I've got a feeling Noel will top out as a better defending Ibaka. Shabazz is still my guy at the top, with his motor he should be a prolific scorer at the next level; the big concern with him is how he never passes.

Also my sleeper is Marcus Smart, wouldn't be surprised at all if Rob picks him over any big names.

I forgot to add Poythress to my list. Dude might be the most legit guy in the lottery. Just need to see more games from him in the NCAA.

Yeah, Poythress is the real deal. He reminds me of a younger version of Larry Johnson. I think him and Goodwin are the best two prospects on that Kentucky team. Ford said Poythress is the sleeper to go #1.

Michael Carter-Williams is another guy to look out for this season. He's a tall, smooth, pass first PG in the mold of Rod Strickland.

Yeah, Poythress is the real deal. He reminds me of a younger version of Larry Johnson. I think him and Goodwin are the best two prospects on that Kentucky team. Ford said Poythress is the sleeper to go #1.

Michael Carter-Williams is another guy to look out for this season. He's a tall, smooth, pass first PG in the mold of Rod Strickland.

I'm a Goodwin fan. Idk where he would end up being taken, but he's at least intriguing.

One guy to watch for in a potential trade is Derrick Williams. Adelman isn't going to play him since he doesn't fit his system and the Wolves desperately need another quality rotation guy with Roy likely retiring again and Budinger injured for a while.

I don't think he'll ever be anything more than a fringe all-star player though.

Not sure if Poythress comes out this year but I don't think he'll be top 5 if he does. I like him though, great athlete, nice size.

I'm looking at a couple guys where we should be picking. I'm warming up to Shabazz, really like his drive, and Goodwin would be a perfect fit for this team. If we weren't set at PF I'd pick McAdoo. Other than he, and Adams who might stay, I'm not keen on any big men in this lottery.

My sleeper for the year is Caldwell-Pope. If we end up lower than top 5 I think he gets a look.

Other interesting players-Lebryan Nash, Patric Young, Hardaway Jr., Kabongo