barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

Link to this Gortat nonsense?

this just popped up on my Rotowire feed

Marcin Gortat voiced frustrations with the Suns in a recent Polish interview.

After the game against the Lakers, Gortat didn't hold back. He said changes with the Suns have been "for worse," and said that both pick and roll and post up opportunities have been taken away. Gortat also revealed that he really misses Steve Nash's ability to create for Gortat in the offense, but that's not exactly groundbreaking news. "Unfortunately, I dont think I'm even an option for (Alvin) Gentry," Gortat said. "He doesn't even take me into consideration." Ouch.

not sure about the other stuff.

It's a good point, but Gortat's still pretty young and, in my opinion, is a better centerpiece to build around than Bynum (with his blown knees) or Dwight (with his drama act). Gortat plays hard every play but knows his place on offense and defense. He's not an overly dominant big man, but he's better than anything we have or anything else we could likely lay our hands on.

Gortat turns 29 in February, and Vucevic just turned 22 last month.

Marcin Gortat is now likely to go away from the Phoenix Suns. The current season has not started for Marcin Gortat best. Marcin Gortat are interested in Dallas Mavericks and the Chicago Bulls.

Marcin Gortat - taking into account the fact that does not fit into the new offensive, Phoenix Suns and the broken negotiations on the renewal of the contract - is no longer a player, you will want to stay in the Phoenix Suns at any cost. Our findings show that raising the Pole is very interested in the club where he began his career in the NBA, the Orlando Magic. Reaching for Marcin Gortat also considering Dallas, Boston and Chicago.

Marcin Gortat of the season will earn 7 258 960 U.S. dollars, and the next - 7 727 280th After the excellent previous competitions Pole hoped that in 2014, ie at the age of 30 years, will sign a contract of life - in the range of 55-60 million dollars in five years the game. If, however, the statistics will systematically decrease, as will the market value. Another such matches as against the Los Angeles Lakers and Miami Heat reduce the amount of future contracts in the NBA Marcin Gortat. Even so for this reason, divorce seems inevitable. Time Marcin Gortat to Phoenix Suns coming to an end ...

This is probably the same source that said the Warlock trains with bears.

I hope they pass on Gortat. While a very good player, he just doesn't fit into our plans at this point and time. But if they were to trade for another big, I think it should be Dejuan Blair. He has become the odd man out in SA, and would be a good replacement for BBD if they were to trade him. He's also still young (23) too, so he'd fit right in with the rest of our young core for the future.

But on another note, this will be a very long season for Magic's fans. I actually thought we had a chance at the 8th seed before the season started, but we're absolutely will be in the lottery. Hopefully we hit gold and get the first pick. I think we're due judging on recent history. The two teams that were in similar situations before us (Cleveland, New Orleans), both won the lottery after their superstars left town. Let's hope the trend continues!

acquiring Gortat would hurt our long term prospects. Maybe we can dupe Phoenix into taking Davis while netting a 1st round pick from wherever Gortat lands.

It'd be nice to be on the receiving end once in a while.

But if they were to trade for another big, I think it should be Dejuan Blair. He has become the odd man out in SA, and would be a good replacement for BBD if they were to trade him. He's also still young (23) too, so he'd fit right in with the rest of our young core for the future.

I have more ligaments in 1 knee than he has in both. Pass.

I hope they pass on Gortat. While a very good player, he just doesn't fit into our plans at this point and time. But if they were to trade for another big, I think it should be Dejuan Blair. He has become the odd man out in SA, and would be a good replacement for BBD if they were to trade him. He's also still young (23) too, so he'd fit right in with the rest of our young core for the future.

But on another note, this will be a very long season for Magic's fans. I actually thought we had a chance at the 8th seed before the season started, but we're absolutely will be in the lottery. Hopefully we hit gold and get the first pick. I think we're due judging on recent history. The two teams that were in similar situations before us (Cleveland, New Orleans), both won the lottery after their superstars left town. Let's hope the trend continues!

Shabazz plays his first game tonight. Hopefully he is amazing and the Magic land him. Then suck for one more year and land either Wiggins or Parker next year and we can field that beast of a lineup. Just no more big men.

They dont work out for us. If we draft Noel he will become amazing, and then in the middle of his career he will go to LA where Dwight can hand over the keys to the Lakers.

*sigh* It's gonna be a long year...

Shabazz plays his first game tonight. Hopefully he is amazing and the Magic land him. Then suck for one more year and land either Wiggins or Parker next year and we can field that beast of a lineup. Just no more big men.

They dont work out for us. If we draft Noel he will become amazing, and then in the middle of his career he will go to LA where Dwight can hand over the keys to the Lakers.

*sigh* It's gonna be a long year...

I still dont see what all the hype about Shabazz is.(Not saying this because of tonight) Ive seen him in person and honestly dont see anything super special about his game. He will be solid but no superstar.