barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

Just dropping in to point out to all the naysayers that we're still undefeated through the first two games of the season.

Good point.

And by "good point", I mean "not a good point at all".

And stuff.

Hi.

Does anyone know why Jacque Vaughn and the coaching staff huddle at the free throw line during time-outs? Rather than at the bench with the players.

It bothered me the past couple of games I was at. Especially in the Knicks game when the Magic starting going down in the fourth.

Good point.

And by "good point", I mean "not a good point at all".

And stuff.

Hi.

And by "not a good point at all," you mean "brilliant point, 30 - truly you are a genius among men."

Thank you, Jec, and you're welcome.

As for Gortat? I'd love to have him. Guy may not have had regular 20/20 games like Dwight, but you know something? Even during the the Dwight/Gortat years, when Dwight was all that, I liked Gortat more. He just seemed to enjoy the game more and play more within the team.

I'd love to have him back on the team.

I have to be honest here, we're much worse than I thought we'd be. I knew we'd be terrible, but even when our guys appear to be playing better we're still not good. a 3-6 start and we're sure to lose the next 4 games to the Hawks, Cavs, Pistons & Celtics.

Oh well, Shabazz or bust.

And by "not a good point at all," you mean "brilliant point, 30 - truly you are a genius among men."

Thank you, Jec, and you're welcome.

As for Gortat? I'd love to have him. Guy may not have had regular 20/20 games like Dwight, but you know something? Even during the the Dwight/Gortat years, when Dwight was all that, I liked Gortat more. He just seemed to enjoy the game more and play more within the team.

I'd love to have him back on the team.

I like Gortat, but don't understand why we would make a move for him. We would probably have to give up a younger Vucevic, who I think has more upside and fits better in the long range plan to have high lottery picks for the next few years.

I like Gortat, but don't understand why we would make a move for him. We would probably have to give up a younger Vucevic, who I think has more upside and fits better in the long range plan to have high lottery picks for the next few years.

It's a good point, but Gortat's still pretty young and, in my opinion, is a better centerpiece to build around than Bynum (with his blown knees) or Dwight (with his drama act). Gortat plays hard every play but knows his place on offense and defense. He's not an overly dominant big man, but he's better than anything we have or anything else we could likely lay our hands on.

I have to be honest here, we're much worse than I thought we'd be. I knew we'd be terrible, but even when our guys appear to be playing better we're still not good. a 3-6 start and we're sure to lose the next 4 games to the Hawks, Cavs, Pistons & Celtics.

Oh well, Shabazz or bust.

Sounds about right on par with a 16 win season. The only thing that concerns me at this point is how well this team deals with adversity and losing. If BBD's demeanor lately is any indication, things could get brutal.

Sounds about right on par with a 16 win season. The only thing that concerns me at this point is how well this team deals with adversity and losing. If BBD's demeanor lately is any indication, things could get brutal.

This is what I'm kind of worried about. The problem with having a season like the one we're about to have is that it can become ingrained in the mindset of that team. It wasn't until the Cavs finally landed LeBron that they could get over the 90s and 00s. Same with the Clips over a much longer span.

It just seemed like good players would arrive in those situations, say "this team sucks," and then either mail it in or play to the level they perceived as the norm for that team.

That's my worry - that not only do we have a horrible team (which is inevitable), but that it becomes endemic to our playing style. I'm hoping Vaughn can keep the players playing hard, regardless of record, but that's a tough order when the plan is three to five years out.