Sign in to follow this  
SolidSn/\ke007

2012-13 NBA Season Thread

I didn't see a thread like this around here and if there is please lock......But the games on the docket as of tonight is.....

10/31/2012

Indiana vs Toronto 7:00 EST

Denver vs Philly 7:00 EST

Houston vs Detroit 7:30 EST

Sacramento vs Chicago 8:00 EST

San Antonio vs New Orleans 8:00 EST

Dallas vs Utah 9:00 EST

Golden State vs Phoenix 10:00 EST

Memphis vs Clippers 10:30 EST

Lakers vs Portland 10:30 EST

It's been a long time since every game on one night has interested me.....

Lebron finally got his ring last night and beat the Celtics. Lakers got wrecked by the Mavs new squad with no Dirk. Dwight still missed his FT, 3-14.

The Knicks and Nets game scheduled for tomorrow has been postponed due to Hurricane Sandy in the NY area.

Stephen Curry agreed to a 4 year term for $44mill with the warriors.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--stephen-curry-lands--44m-contract-extension-31571909.html

Matt Barnes suspended for the Clippers Opening game

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/barnes-suspended-clippers-opener-170047030--nba.html

The Heat champ ring

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lebron-james-finally-gets-his-championship-ring.html

Looks like my preseason predictions are happening. The Lakers are overrated and I expected Nash to struggle with injuries. Not this soon, though.

Nash looks lost in the offense and Dwight is the same FT shooter we knew. Kobe is shooting great right now, but that can't last.

What surprises me most of all is how bad their defense is, even though I predicted it would be worse than most people thought it would be.

The Lakers could get it all together, but I can't see it happening. Teams are going to be hungry every time they play them, so they're not going to get any easy games.

Looks like my preseason predictions are happening. The Lakers are overrated and I expected Nash to struggle with injuries. Not this soon, though.

Nash looks lost in the offense and Dwight is the same FT shooter we knew. Kobe is shooting great right now, but that can't last.

What surprises me most of all is how bad their defense is, even though I predicted it would be worse than most people thought it would be.

The Lakers could get it all together, but I can't see it happening. Teams are going to be hungry every time they play them, so they're not going to get any easy games.

I hope that is true for the Lakers, but I feel they're going to turn out like Miami did a few years ago with their new team. If you remember, they started out the season fairly cold due to chemistry and I feel the same is happening to the Lakers right now. I think Nash needs to be in more control of their offense, I kept seeing him just run the ball up court and pass the ball immediately rather than set a play and wait for an open man.

I hope that is true for the Lakers, but I feel they're going to turn out like Miami did a few years ago with their new team. If you remember, they started out the season fairly cold due to chemistry and I feel the same is happening to the Lakers right now. I think Nash needs to be in more control of their offense, I kept seeing him just run the ball up court and pass the ball immediately rather than set a play and wait for an open man.

The big difference with Miami is that the big 3 there are all in their prime. The Lakers only have Dwight, who may be in his prime, but also has the issue of a possible broken back. The rest of them are over 32 and Nash is showing his age already.

Plus, the Lakers bench is much worse than the Heat was. The Heat at least had Mike Miller to come off the bench, the Lakers have no one. Now they have to play Duhon, which we know will be lots of fun.