Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Harden Traded to Houston

Well I look at it this way: they haven't been blown out this season. They've been in every single game through the 4th quarter. Baby steps, baby steps. I think this win over Minnesota could really get the train moving, but we'll find out. In regards to Freeman, I just made a trade with my father for him in my big money fantasy league :shard: Romo is just too unreliable, plus I got your boy Reggie Bush out of it.

Tannehill has shocked me thus far. I thought he'd be decent down the line, but get his ass kicked early on. He's playing very very well, especially when you consider what he has around him. Now they just need to get him a few toys to play with. The defense is there, they just need to get to work on the other side of the ball. In hindsight, it's a shame they traded Marshall. There's a guy they could have really been utilizing right now.

Doug Martin looks like the real deal and the receiving corps is where you want it to be, I actually like Freeman but the inconsistency is still there, he looks elite at times and then does a complete u turn! Looking back, trading Marshall was a big mistake, I don't think anyone thought Tannehill would be an asset this early so the trade made sense at first, when Hartline is your go to receiver it's not good. I just hope Reggie comes back from the bye and turns it on against the Jets, don't hate any organisation more than the gangreen!

Some of you all wanting Harden in a Magic uniform are nuts!

I live in Oklahoma City and I am so sick and tired of hearing "Fear the beard!"

I am so glad that Harden is gone so I do not have to hear about it anymore!

I do feel sorry for Harden though because the Rockets is not championship material right now and might not be in the future so Harden may have a ring less career

The Thunder where a bad enough passing team as it was, without Harden it's only going to be worse. What a shame, they've chucked away all of their playoff hopes and lost their best distributor. The Thunder are now going to realize how much more important he was then Westbrook.

I mentioned it before but I'm not so sure that Harden is a max player, I could be proven wrong on that but is he worth tieing up all that money? Housten needed to come away with SOMETHING after all of the moves they have made and now they have. To me it is no different than what Otis did with Shard, you are looking at hurting your ability to improve if you sign a guy who is not a max player to a max contract.

The way that OKC played this out is EXACTLY how every team should deal with these guys. The next time one of these players starts balking at a fair offer, trade their ***es asap before they have a chance to whine about where they are going. Did Harden want to go to Houston? Who knows and more importantly who cares (if you are an OKC) fan, you now have a scorer, a prospect, and 2 firsts to use. If Harden got wind of the deal and had a chance to submarine it (like some other d-bag we know) then the offer gets less and less.

Some of you all wanting Harden in a Magic uniform are nuts!

I live in Oklahoma City and I am so sick and tired of hearing "Fear the beard!"

I am so glad that Harden is gone so I do not have to hear about it anymore!

I do feel sorry for Harden though because the Rockets is not championship material right now and might not be in the future so Harden may have a ring less career

Its obvious to me that he didnt care about that. The guy was 6 mill away from having a Max deal. He wanted to be the man on his own team more than winning the crown. Not sure how can feel sorry for him, he got what he wanted.

We aren't ready to add a player like Harden yet. We still need a couple of years to develop (and acquire) young talent.

As far as greed being involved, Harden was willing to take less money overall with OKC compared to what he will get from Houston, so I don't see how you could call him greedy, and comparing a non-max player jumping at the chance to get a max contract early in his career to an older Duncan taking less money in the twilight of his career is just stupid.

We aren't ready to add a player like Harden yet. We still need a couple of years to develop (and acquire) young talent.

As far as greed being involved, Harden was willing to take less money overall with OKC compared to what he will get from Houston, so I don't see how you could call him greedy, and comparing a non-max player jumping at the chance to get a max contract early in his career to an older Duncan taking less money in the twilight of his career is just stupid.

This.

I agree, but just hypothetically speaking, as it would never happen..but..

If Ty Lawson and Denver couldn't agree on an extension and Ujiri decided to go the OKC way of dealing him now rather than later.

Would a young PG like Lawson be worth speeding up the process and locking up that position for years to come?

Like I said, ALL the cards would have to line up, but if an opportunity like that arose, would it be worth it?

If Ty Lawson and Denver couldn't agree on an extension and Ujiri decided to go the OKC way of dealing him now rather than later.

Would a young PG like Lawson be worth speeding up the process and locking up that position for years to come?

Like I said, ALL the cards would have to line up, but if an opportunity like that arose, would it be worth it?

I think so. Lawson's pretty underrated IMO. Small guy with a lot of heart and is an absolute blur, plus he's only 24.

I think it would be totally worth it, Lawson has quietly made a name for himself. I love his game and think it would be such a good additive to this franchise.

It cost a heck of a lot to secure the bearded one. Would I get Lawson now? Probably not. The cost would be too high, and we need a top 3 pick.

As to the bearded one, I think he can be a Joe Johnson type dude (first ATL contract). Had Atlanta drafted better and not had injury problems, they could have been OKC east.

It cost a heck of a lot to secure the bearded one. Would I get Lawson now? Probably not. The cost would be too high, and we need a top 3 pick.

As to the bearded one, I think he can be a Joe Johnson type dude (first ATL contract). Had Atlanta drafted better and not had injury problems, they could have been OKC east.

In hindsight, missing out on Deron Williams or Chris Paul for Marvin Williams was probably their biggest mistake.