MagicVikingsSooners

How did you become a Magic fan?

I'm only 18 and being Portuguese obviously I didn't have a local team to support.

Video games were a big part of my childhood and around '02 I started watching the NBA and Vince Carter became my favourite player. I loved NBA Live 04 because it had Vince on the cover.

Then I started watching NBA games like a maniac and the first season I followed the Magic more regularly was in 09 when we beat the Celtics. I was very impressed

I was also very impressed with Hedo's block on Kobe and immediate call for a timeout that led up to the famous Courtney Lee play.

Then Vince was traded here and I was very excited because he finally had a decent chance to win a ring, I created an account on the old Magic forum and I liked the people a lot. Obviously '10 was a disappointing season but it had some nice moments, I still regret not staying up to watch the game against the Hornets (when VC scored 48) because I had school the next day.

Vince was traded to the Suns but I still felt connected to the Magic and its people.

I visited the United States for the first time in 2010 and coincidentally celebrated my first anniversary as an Orlando Magic Forum poster there.

I went to the famous cities like NY and Miami, but the short time I spent in Orlando felt more special than all of that.

I'm now proud to say I'm an Orlando Magic fan

Born in Chi-town during the Jordan and Bulls first 3-peat era. Moved down to North Florida and was amazed with the Magic during the Penny and Shaq era. Still a loyal fan today. So I am Bulls fan from birth and Magic fan from living in FL for 18 years. But I lean towards the Magic more because I am still hoping they can win the 'ship and see them win it for the first time.

I lived in L.A. during the"Showtime" era but knew I would be moving to Florida sometime in the future. When I heard Orlando was getting a team I was very excited to be a fan from the original conception. We moved here in '94 and have an '89 shirt and an '89 jacket that you'll see at some games. We are with this team through thick and thin :D

• Upvote 1

I became a basketball fan in 93 (I was 11). After hearing all about this player named Shaquille and the hype after his rookie season, I became interested in the Magic but it was Penny that kept my interest and formed my love for this wonderful team.

I was a huge Indiana high school basketball fan in the late 80s. The crowds were large, loud, and raukus. Brian Evans was a sophmore on the Terre Haute South team we followed around the state in 1988. When we moved down here we tried high school but there was hardly anyone in the stands, and I felt like a fool screaming at the ref when everyone else in the gym was quiet. So I switched to the Magic in their first year. Loved it. It was almost as good as Indiana High School basketball. We have had season tickets since 1969.

And I feel real comfortable calling the refs idiots again.

I was a huge Indiana high school basketball fan in the late 80s. The crowds were large, loud, and raukus. Brian Evans was a sophmore on the Terre Haute South team we followed around the state in 1988. When we moved down here we tried high school but there was hardly anyone in the stands, and I felt like a fool screaming at the ref when everyone else in the gym was quiet. So I switched to the Magic in their first year. Loved it. It was almost as good as Indiana High School basketball. We have had season tickets since 1969.

And I feel real comfortable calling the refs idiots again.

That is impressive. I'm not sure anyone else can say that.

:shard:

In 1989, I had played occasional pickup games, but hadn't really been too impressed with basketball. My interests in team sports were with the ones I played, and at the time, I was a football player. It was all football, all the time.

I was 14.

Then a couple friends transferred in. They weren't big into football, but they loved basketball. So unlike football, we could play a game of pickup basketball whenever, with however many people showed up, as long as it was an even number. I was hooked.

My friends were both, of course, Bulls fans, and not one to follow the crowd, I started looking around at the teams in the NBA. Well, when I was younger, my dad was stationed at Ft. Walton Beach, and "Florida" had tons of happy memories for me. I had never been too wild about Miami, and I had always wanted to work for Disney as an animator, so the Magic just seemed to fit.

Unfortunately for me, I'm extraordinarily loyal, so a Magic fan I stayed, through the good times, which were few, and through the bad times, which have been the majority.

FINALLY, it looks like we got a real GM, so maybe if RDV takes his claws off, the Magic might get good again.

I am from Baku, Azerbaijan (former Soviet Union). Magic fan since 1992, Shaq's first season. We could not watch any NBA back then, once a week there was a 45-55 minutes programm called "NBA best games", they were showing main highlights of one game for about 40 minutes and then short recaps and best 10 moments of the week. So, for some reason they decided to show two Magic games and I just liked the team :) Logo, uniforms, Shaq's attitude, young team...I started following the Magic since then... and then we got Penny too and I was the happiest fan ever. My favourite starting five ever was when we had Shaq, H. Grand, D. Royal (Scott), Anderson, Penny.