Sign in to follow this  
Skywise316

The officially UNofficial TBN Fantasy B-Ball League. Year 3.

Hey everyone.

So I love fantasy football AND basketball.. don't really care if b-ball's not as popular. Fantasy baseball..? Blech! Season's twice as long, and who cares about the MLB regular season anyway? :tongue:

The following is copy-pasted from the very first thread about this league with some tweaks:

It's a twelve team, head-to-head keeper league. Third year coming. Last season was a little weird with the lockout, but we're going back to our normal schedule, rules, settings, etc. Fantasy b-ball is getting more difficult with all these superstars forming "super" teams. Less "Allen Iversons" doing everything for their teams and filling the stat sheets but.. you could say that makes it more fun too, right? :shard:

So here's the deal. We got six awesome owners, including myself, ha. We need six more. But when you pick a team, keep in mind this is a keeper league. We're only keeping TWO keepers, so all you really need to consider is what two players you want the most and where you're drafting, which was already set last year. The rest of the players are getting dropped back in the player pool.There's eight categories, and you get a point for every category you win per week. Top six teams make the playoffs, with the top two teams from the regular season getting a first round bye. Unlike default ESPN leagues, there's 2 utility slots instead of 3, and 5 bench spots instead of 3. For full settings, click here: http://games.espn.go.com/fba/leaguesetup/settings?leagueId=48216

So if you're an active player, as in you're willing to make sure your lineup is set every day and that you're going to be at the draft (October 27th at 9 PM is the idea), then leave your email and name in this thread and I'll add you. if someone isn't active during the year, I will not hesitate to get to kicking and look for a replacement on the forum. Or the ESPN boards if I have to. Or a member's brother. Or sister. Or fifth cousin, twice removed. You've been warned. :shard:

Here is the league page:

http://games.espn.go.com/fba/leagueoffice?leagueId=48216&seasonId=2013

Now here are the six teams to take over, and their draft position:

I HATE GRANT HILL'S FACE!!! (players like Brandon Jennings, David Lee, Rudy Gay, & Kevin Garnett. The #2 pick in the draft!) http://games.espn.go.com/fba/clubhouse?leagueId=48216&teamId=2&seasonId=2013 (EDIT: Invite sent to Muad'Dib)

Gil's Gun Show (players like LeBron James, Andre Iguodala, Paul Pierce, & Kevin Love. The #3 pick in the draft.) KandiKane is new owner!

Getchyo Cornbread (players like Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, Jeremy Lin, Kyle Lowry, etc. etc. ..deep team. The #10 pick in the draft.) http://games.espn.go.com/fba/clubhouse?leagueId=48216&teamId=8&seasonId=2013 (EDIT: Invite sent to Joesph Kuhr)

Shaq's Big Toe (players like Dwayne Wade, Al Jefferson, Nene, & Andrea Bargnani. The #5 pick in the Draft.) http://games.espn.go.com/fba/clubhouse?leagueId=48216&teamId=12&seasonId=2013 Malik Buttface is the new owner!

Rashard's Beard (players like Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, LaMarcus Aldridge, Tim Duncan, & Joe Johnson. The #4 pick in the Draft.) http://games.espn.go.com/fba/clubhouse?leagueId=48216&teamId=11&seasonId=2013 Mauro Pedrosa is new owner!

Orlando Shefgators (players like Chris Paul, Marcus Thornton, James Harden, Paul Millsap, & Roy Hibbert. The #8 pick in the Draft.) http://games.espn.go.com/fba/clubhouse?leagueId=48216&teamId=9&seasonId=2013 Adam Magic is new owner!

----

Like I said, if you're interested leave me your email address or one you're sure you can check, either in this thread or by PM. Also you can email me at SkywiseFF@mail.com , I check every day or close to it. First come first serve, and yes I'll time check everything between all three ways to get to me so it's fair. :shard:

We only have 11 days until the proposed Draft, 14 days until the start of the regular season (and my birthday, yay) so we need to act quickly if we can and set these keepers. All the hard work for me will hopefully lead to fun, so let's do this. :)

Well, I'm in. I never played Fantasy Basketball before though, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

I'm always active

- mauropedrosa94@gmail.com

OH, and I want that sexy team with one of my favourites 'Melo!

Or the other one with JAMES MOTHER*****ING HARDEN

That's all :)

And we get to keep 2 players from those you listed right?

- I'll try to sign up today

Ok, I read an article on how to play FB :D

I think I'm ready.

Giving it a second thought, I'd like to have KandiKane's team if he doesn't reply to your PM.

If I don't get his team, my 2nd option would be the team that has Carmelo Anthony.

Ok, I read an article on how to play FB :D

I think I'm ready.

Giving it a second thought, I'd like to have KandiKane's team if he doesn't reply to your PM.

If I don't get his team, my 2nd option would be the team that has Carmelo Anthony.

Sorry

Thanks for all the interest guys, I was getting worried there for a bit, but if we keep going at this pace we'll be aight in time for the season.

First of all- Yeah! Happy to have a long time mod in Adam Magic likely to be a member of my for-TBN-members league. Feels like it gives it another step of legitimacy.

So some updates. KandiKane is officially the new owner of Gil's Gun Show. Invite sent to Mauro Pedrosa for Rashard's Beard (team with Melo) and invite sent to Adam_Magic for Orlando Shefgators.

Now Joseph kuhr emailed me in general, I linked him this thread and then he tried to pick the Shefgators. Unfortunately for Joesph, it was an hour later than Adam. So of the three teams left, if he still wouldn't mind a different team, I'm giving him first dibs on one of them. So for everyone else besides Kandi, Mauro, & Adam, feel free still to try to pick up a team because time is of the essence, but I want to make sure Joesph gets a team because he actually contacted me before anyone else did.

As far as changing team names, please do. KK's already changed Gil's Gun Show to "As Good As Gold," which I like. You get in there, click My Team, then Team Settings, and can change whatever you like.

Also yes, another reminder, all that matters is your draft pick and whichever two players you want to keep, and two only.

Shaq's Big Toe

Kinda need an email address to send the invite to.

Update! Joesph selected Getchyo Cornbread, so I'm sending the invite to him. Still two teams left without invites.