Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Magic vs. Hornets (NBATV)

What do you want to see today during the Magic's game against the Hornets in Mexico City at 2:30 p.m. ET on NBA TV?

Remember you can chat in our chat room listed above during today's game.

Looking forward to a few things coming into this game. One being what our starting lineup will be, two being how our rookies play. More interested in the new guys, I know kind of what to expect from the older guys.

It's about time Magic basketball is back.

I'm interested in seeing our vets step up to lead this team, and how they can work in a new system.

I'm actually more excited to see the young guys. Jameer and Hedo will be almost done in 2 years when we may be able to contend again.

Actually Hedo is done already

Smart plays and a lot of communication. I'd much rather see guys talking to each other and making the extra pass than to see anyone out there trying to make a fancy play or impress the crowd. Although if Ayon dunks or blocks at all today im sure the crowd will go crazy and it will be awesome! I'm also excited to see Ryan Anderson for the first time in a Hornets jersey, hope he does well.

I'm questioning if Hedo will be able to be half decent this season we all know how he flunked in other systems. He just doesn't look motivated at all now either.

I'm questioning if Hedo will be able to be half decent this season we all know how he flunked in other systems. He just doesn't look motivated at all now either.

During media day they were saying that Turk came back in the best shape he has ever been. He has even stopped eating pizza and is on a strict diet and is trying to be healthier. I think he understands that he has young talent in Harkless and Harper behind him and also that his contract is up in a year or two and that he needs to really prove he belongs on this team and in the NBA if he wants to stick around. I expect a big year from Turk this year.

During media day they were saying that Turk came back in the best shape he has ever been. He has even stopped eating pizza and is on a strict diet and is trying to be healthier. I think he understands that he has young talent in Harkless and Harper behind him and also that his contract is up in a year or two and that he needs to really prove he belongs on this team and in the NBA if he wants to stick around. I expect a big year from Turk this year.

Players are always going to try and make good impressions starting the season. I actually will be be surprised if he drops out of the rotation this season because he's just lacking energy on the floor. I know pre-season is not a good indicator but he's still not nearly as aggressive as he one was, he's still settling for jumpshots. I'd much rather have someone who wants to be our there then a guy who's just doing his rounds.

But it is a contract year this year so maybe he'll have a career year like last time it was his final year. NBA's becoming a money game anyway, actually would not be surprised.

Some thoughts regarding the Magic after this game.

Jameer Nelson actually looked like a floor general this game, which is something I've seen flashes of before. Could be a change of times. Glen Davis looks a lot bigger and was actually efficient tonight, I really hope we see that same Glen Davis in the playoffs. Moore is built for this offense I wont be surprised if he stays.

Nicholson and O'Quinn where pretty disappointing, not sure if it was nerves or not. More so for OQ. To my understanding Nicholson may still be bothered by a previous injury.

And I'm loving the fact that Vaughn was playing our second tier guys for extended periods of time. Stan Van Gundy always played it safe, this is a learning curve for the Magic. I'm glad we're giving the new guys a stint.