Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

2012 NBA Preseason Thread

With Coward's debut, the Lakers lose to the Kings 99-92, which makes the Lakers 0-6 in the preseason. Don't be fool because the Lakers will make it to the playoffs, unless Mike Brown mess them up along the way.

Two things I took away from last night.

1) Their bench will cost them a lot of regular season games and playoff games when any of them are in foul trouble.

2) Has Dwight ever been a good 1on1 defender? They weren't letting him guard Cousins even when Pau was getting torched.

Two things I took away from last night.

1) Their bench will cost them a lot of regular season games and playoff games when any of them are in foul trouble.

2) Has Dwight ever been a good 1on1 defender? They weren't letting him guard Cousins even when Pau was getting torched.

1) Agreed because Duhon was part of that bench squad and Lakers' TO was expected because Magic went through it.

2) Dwight is only good at defending the smalls and staying within the paint. Mike Brown is changing the system, from the Phil Jackson triangle formation to Mike Brown offensive plays. Also Pau Gasol has been acting like a girl for the past 2 season already, still he hasn't changed a bit. It will look like Pau will get dunked on multiple times this season like last season.

2 interesting articles

I LOL'd on this

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/dwight-howard-thinks-not-tyson-chandler-deserved-defensive-173920475--nba.html

Also a new NBA rule called the "Reggie Miller Rule" To punish shooters for "allegedly" kicking the defending player resulting in an Offensive Foul. (RIP the Fadeaway shots)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/nba-creates-reggie-miller-rule-order-punish-shooters-161207912--nba.html;_ylt=A2KJNF8qP4dQJ1sAHnhNbK5_

Also, officials will emphasize the "Reggie Miller rule" for a shooter who kicks his legs out during jump-shot attempts to create contact and draw fouls. Officials plan to call offensive fouls on shooters who blatantly kick out their legs to initiate contact.

Liggins made the cut for OKC, but Daniel Orton and 2 other got waived.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/liggins-gets-final-roster-spot-183415954--nba.html

***** BREAKING NEWS*****

James Harden has been traded to the Houston Rockets after declining a $52 mill extension with OKC. Source is from Woj.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--thunder-trade-james-harden-to-rockets-27481909.html

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Houston sends two 2013 first-round picks (from Dallas and Toronto) to Oklahoma CIty, source tells Y!

Y! Sources: After contract talks break down, OKC trades James Harden to Houston for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, picks. http://tinyurl.com/8v5mhag

View summary

Talks on an extension broke down between the Thunder and Harden on an extension, and Presti moved quickly to trade him.

As part of deal, Thunder will receive "significant" future draft picks from Houston, source tells Y! Sports.

Along with All-Star guard James Harden, the Thunder will send Cole Aldridge, Lazr Hayward and Daquan Cook to the Rockets, source tells Y!

The Rockets send Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources tell Y! Sports.

Oklahoma City has traded James Harden to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Houston also sends a 2013 second-round pick (via Charlotte) to Thunder.

Liggins is Harden 2.0? I couldn't say this with a straight face, but I hope he does well for them...except when he plays the Magic.

Liggins will be their Sefolosha if anything later on. Lamb and/or PJ3 will be their bench scorer(s) later on.

to early to call playoff predictions? with all these star injuries?

my predictions

east

1. heat

2. celtics

3. knicks

4. pacers

5. nets

6. sixers

7. bulls

8. hawks

west

1. lakers

2. thunder

3. spurs

4. nuggets

5. clippers

6. grizz

7. jazz

8. wolves

comments? hates?

With Coward's debut, the Lakers lose to the Kings 99-92, which makes the Lakers 0-6 in the preseason. Don't be fool because the Lakers will make it to the playoffs, unless Mike Brown mess them up along the way.

Please stop talking. Of course the Lakers are going to make the playoffs. I could coach the Lakers to a playoff berth.

Please stop talking. Of course the Lakers are going to make the playoffs. I could coach the Lakers to a playoff berth.

Shut up. If you don't like what I am saying, don't reply. Nobody cares about jeering remarks. Its like you like trolling people for a living.

P.S: I was being nice to some people who doesn't understand what the Lakers are doing. You unfortunately don't like to be nice. Already can tell.

to early to call playoff predictions? with all these star injuries?

my predictions

east

1. heat

2. celtics

3. knicks

4. pacers

5. nets

6. sixers

7. bulls

8. hawks

west

1. lakers

2. thunder

3. spurs

4. nuggets

5. clippers

6. grizz

7. jazz

8. wolves

comments? hates?

Bulls will not be 7th most probably the top 4 or top 2. Lakers #1? Doubt it. Dwight is still not hitting his FT as usual. They got destroyed by the Mavs last night. Most prob the top 2 will be Spurs and OKC again.

Shut up. If you don't like what I am saying, don't reply. Nobody cares about jeering remarks. Its like you like trolling people for a living.

P.S: I was being nice to some people who doesn't understand what the Lakers are doing. You unfortunately don't like to be nice. Already can tell.

lol