Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

2012 MAGIC Preseason Thread

No Magic player nor the franchise was involved in this trade. I think this should be discussed on the NBA Preseason Thread. There is updates about what going on around the NBA, non Magic.

:chairshot:

No Magic player nor the franchise was involved in this trade. I think this should be discussed on the NBA Preseason Thread. There is updates about what going on around the NBA, non Magic.

tumblr_m4zzrgS3xK1qi30rco1_1280.jpg

I guess I will have to withhold judgement until we see what OKC can do without one of their big 3. Remember, Harden disappearing in the finals is a big part of them losing that series. Now that he will be gone for good, who will fill that void?

yeah i like that deal for okc. these are the type of deals I expect from hennigan hopefully. cold blooded and calculating

I am in awe of Sam Presti right now.

I like the trade for OKC. They didn't overpaid for Harden, and was able to get back a young prospect in Lamb who's very similar to Harden, as well as a good veteran player on an expiring contract and some picks. NICE!

I guess I will have to withhold judgement until we see what OKC can do without one of their big 3. Remember, Harden disappearing in the finals is a big part of them losing that series. Now that he will be gone for good, who will fill that void?

Short term: Kevin Martin.

Long term: Perry Jones/Jeremy Lamb

Short term: Kevin Martin.

Long term: Perry Jones/Jeremy Lamb

Long term, this is for sure an optimistic plan, especially with the picks, but I just wonder for their championship aspirations now how well it will work out for them.

Good thing about Presti is that he is good a managing, conserving money, and staying within budget. That was something that Otis Smith never learned. The Lakers however don't believe in such thing as a Salary cap and Lux Tax, thats why their ticket prices are so jacked up in the Staples Center, just to pay the Prima Donna Howard, Kobe, and Gasol. Also they think they are going to win a championship immediately, ha!

Henny learn really well from Presti and Buford about money management, and getting quality players while staying within a Salary cap.

Long term, this is for sure an optimistic plan, especially with the picks, but I just wonder for their championship aspirations now how well it will work out for them.

Well, Westbrook will handle the ball that much more with Harden gone. Martin will just be spotting up all day and he's a considerably better shooter than Harden so there's that.

Don't forget that Westbrook and Durant are still young, too and Ibaka has showcased a 3pt shot on a few occasions this preseason. I think it's a great move for OKC while Houston is starting to assemble a core of their own.