Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

2012 MAGIC Preseason Thread

Why does everyone keeps saying "we won't be that bad"? Yes we will, how are we going to score? And if we score a lot of points we will be giving up more. 30 games max.

People are really overrating the ability of Glen Davis and Jameer Nelson, IMO. Decent role players who stat stuffed on a bad team when Dwight was out. I'm sure they'll still stat stuff to a degree, because someone has to score. But we won't win at any better clip than we did after Dwight got hurt last year.

the wizards have an above average team if you hadn't noticed.

Okafor

Ariza

Booker

Nene

Wall

oh, and they have a ton of young talent (bradley beal, jan vesely, chris singleton). That right there is waaaay better than anything we have.

and we're on par with the bucks? LOL. Jennings, Ellis, Ilyasova, and a ton of depth at the C position. Explain exactly how we are on par with that. Do you still think we have Dwight Howard or something? This is our roster sweety buns:

Nelson

Afflalo

Turk

Davis/Nicholson

Vucevic/O'quinn

and redick off the bench.

I have no idea what you're seeing or thinking, if you're thinking at all.

Again, Wall will almost miss the entire first quarter of the season. Which means the Wizards are in trouble. Who's on their roster that is going to run the show for them while Wall is sidelined? I'll tell you. Nobody. Then their starting big men are two of the most injury prone players in the league, so they both are bound to miss a nice portion of the season, too.

Also, the Wizards are in no way, shape or form consider an Above Average team. And as far as their young talent goes, they had young talent for years. They do a poor job developing young talent, which is why they been picking in the top 5 in the draft every year.

Now let's talk about the Bucks. Here a team that has had chemistry issues every year since Skiles took the HC job. Plus, I think Jennings and Ellis will have a hard time co-existing with each other. Especially this season, considering they both are in contract years.

I think you're definitely underrating our squad, and overrating those teams. I think the Magic will be a more balance team then both of those teams this season. And I think our team chemistry will be a lot better than those teams, too.

Glen Davis has scored 10+ points in only ONE season out of five (and not with the magic). And that was playing almost 30 mins.

Afflalo averaged 15pts last season while playing 34 minutes on a GOOD denver team.

Nelson....you know the drill.

But I guess pigs can also fly.

Yeah, and Baby was playing as the 3rd or 4th option alongside two future Hall of Famers. Baby will be the 1st or 2nd option on this squad this season, and will be getting around 34 mins a night. So 14+ ppg won't be out of reach for him. S###, he averaged 19 ppg in the playoffs last year against a really good defensive squad.

Affalo scoring average has gone up every year since he left the Pistons. Yeah, he averaged 15 last year, but as the 3rd option. Gallo and Lawson were the 1st and 2nd options on that team last season. He's being look at as the go to guy here, so I see him setting a new career high in scoring this season. This will be the greenest his light as ever been in his career. I could honestly see him winning MIP this season.

And Jameer will be a lot more aggressive this season because he won't be sharing ball-handling duties will Turk as much. I mean he started playing at a much higher level when Stan leaned on him to run the show after Dwight went down.

Nice try, though.

Affalo scoring average has gone up every year since he left the Pistons. Yeah, he averaged 15 last year, but as the 3rd option.Nice try, though.

It's rare that you see a sentence directly contradict the sentence that preceded it.

We don't even have a player that can avg 20 ppg.

Afflalo was close to that in the final few months of the season. With more freedom on offense and less depth I don't see why he can't break 20.

Afflalo was close to that in the final few months of the season. With more freedom on offense and less depth I don't see why he can't break 20.

Shooting guard is the one position on the team that has good depth.

Sorry but Afflalo is so damn overrated, he isn't good enough to score 20 ppg for a full season. Emory brought up a good point about sg being deep, plus JJ will get a lot of mintues and Afflalo is injured.

• Upvote 1

I don't see Afflalo as a 20 PPG player. The only chance of our team to reach the playoffs, as some here believe is not so far fetched, is that Nicholson and Harkless play amazing basketball in their rookie season.

I don't see Afflalo as a 20 PPG player. The only chance of our team to reach the playoffs, as some here believe is not so far fetched, is that Nicholson and Harkless play amazing basketball in their rookie season.

No way we make the playoffs this year. We'll play the vets the first half of the season to showcase, then trade them for draft picks. I expect Harrington, Davis, and Reddick to be gone before the end of the season.