Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

2012 MAGIC Preseason Thread

So is Afflalo playing next game or not? I hope Nicholson bounces back from that horrible first game, guy needs to work on his defense but I did set a high bar for him.

It was Nicholson's best game of course but he's a rookie who's still understanding the game. I'm sure once he gets submerged into pro ball he's going to shine. At least he didn't s*** the bed like Anderson did.

We won't be that bad, especially when Harrington and/or Harkless move Hedo to the bench or into a suit.

Meer has always played better without Dwight. When the offense runs through Meer is when we've been the best over the years and that includes Dwight in the line-up. Our best offense was the 1/5 PNR where Meer would finish or basically just throw it off the glass and let Dwight go get it. If those counted, his assist numbers would be much higher.

Redick and Aflalo are both starting quality 2's and will be better than most guys they see off the bench at their position. Not to mention that both can go on insta-offense 6-0, 9-0 type runs by themselves when they get hot.

Glen is Glen and will pull his 14-8 per game most likely this year while providing good help D from the PF spot.

And to be honest, I love what I've seen from the two big guys. Ayon can be a weapon for us both cutting to the rim (amazing what happens when the center keeps the ball high and finishes in one fluid motion as opposed to bringing to down trying to dunk every time) and his passing to cutters from the post, from the elbow, or outside. And Vucevic if he continues rebounding and playing physical will grow into a really good center as well.

I am really excited for this team aside from knowing Hedo will still play. A damn shame Moe is hurt because I'd love for him to start from day 1.

Are we as good as Boston or Miami? No, but otherwise I don't see a team in the East I don't think we can at least compete with

• Upvote 2

Well guess what? That's one more "proven starter" than a couple of those teams have that the Magic will be competing with for the 8th seed.

teams that are better than us:

Heat

Celtics

Sixers

Bulls

Knicks

Nets

Pacers

That leaves one spot for the remaining 8 teams, and arguably 3 or 4 of those teams are better than us (the wizards and bucks for sure).

I enjoy the optimism just as much as the next fan, but c'mon bro. That's pipe dream.

teams that are better than us:

Heat

Celtics

Sixers

Bulls

Knicks

Nets

Pacers

That leaves one spot for the remaining 8 teams, and arguably 3 or 4 of those teams are better than us (the wizards and bucks for sure).

I enjoy the optimism just as much as the next fan, but c'mon bro. That's pipe dream.

The Wizards? Really? Wall is already out for the first 14 games, and possibly more. Which will be a HUGE hit against their record for the first month of the season, and they might not be able to come back from that hit.

As far as the Bucks, I see us being right on par with them. Which is the reason why I see us being in the hunt for the 8th seed in the East.

We don't have a single decent scorer, no proven interior defenders, maybe only one perimeter defender and a mishmash of ultra-young mid-to-late 1st round talent, some okay role players and declining vets.

I'm sure we'll be competitive in a lot of games but we're not going to win very many.

Atlanta is 2 times better than us.

Unless 2 or 3 teams get hit hard by the injury bug, there's no way we make the playoffs.

And yes, the Wizards are better than us

We don't have a single decent scorer, no proven interior defenders, maybe only one perimeter defender and a mishmash of ultra-young mid-to-late 1st round talent, some okay role players and declining vets.

I'm sure we'll be competitive in a lot of games but we're not going to win very many.

Jameer, Affalo and Baby are guys who I would consider "decent scorer." All three of those guys can average anywhere from 14-18 ppg. Plus, we also have two more coming off the bench in Redick and Harrington.

Atlanta is 2 times better than us.

Unless 2 or 3 teams get hit hard by the injury bug, there's no way we make the playoffs.

And yes, the Wizards are better than us

Atlanta is going to be hit or miss. They signed a bunch of shooters and are going to either shoot their asses off or be mediocre at best. They'll have nights where they put up a ton of points and nights where Josh Smith and Horford will have to carry the team.

You all thought it was bad when they just had Jamaal Crawford? Try Lou Williams, Korver, and Morrow.

The Wizards? Really? Wall is already out for the first 14 games, and possibly more. Which will be a HUGE hit against their record for the first month of the season, and they might not be able to come back from that hit.

As far as the Bucks, I see us being right on par with them. Which is the reason why I see us being in the hunt for the 8th seed in the East.

the wizards have an above average team if you hadn't noticed.

Okafor

Ariza

Booker

Nene

Wall

oh, and they have a ton of young talent (bradley beal, jan vesely, chris singleton). That right there is waaaay better than anything we have.

and we're on par with the bucks? LOL. Jennings, Ellis, Ilyasova, and a ton of depth at the C position. Explain exactly how we are on par with that. Do you still think we have Dwight Howard or something? This is our roster sweety buns:

Nelson

Afflalo

Turk

Davis/Nicholson

Vucevic/O'quinn

and redick off the bench.

I have no idea what you're seeing or thinking, if you're thinking at all.

Why does everyone keeps saying "we won't be that bad"? Yes we will, how are we going to score? And if we score a lot of points we will be giving up more. 30 games max.

Jameer, Affalo and Baby are guys who I would consider "decent scorer." All three of those guys can average anywhere from 14-18 ppg. Plus, we also have two more coming off the bench in Redick and Harrington.

Glen Davis has scored 10+ points in only ONE season out of five (and not with the magic). And that was playing almost 30 mins.

Afflalo averaged 15pts last season while playing 34 minutes on a GOOD denver team.

Nelson....you know the drill.

But I guess pigs can also fly.