Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

2012 MAGIC Preseason Thread

The team looked decent for one half against a Hornets team without Eric Gordon in a pre-season game and people are thinking we can make the playoffs.

We were also without Affalo, so what's your point?

We were also without Affalo, so what's your point?

We have 3 proven starter-quality players on this team. Consider that.

We have 3 proven starter-quality players on this team. Consider that.

Well guess what? That's one more "proven starter" than a couple of those teams have that the Magic will be competing with for the 8th seed.

Well guess what? That's one more "proven starter" than a couple of those teams have that the Magic will be competing with for the 8th seed.

The more pertinent concern is why do you even want this team to compete for the playoffs when there's zero chance that we'd actually get past the first round.

OK. Enlighten me as to what those teams are.

Not so fast guys.... I like to see how the team handles slumps and adversity first.

The more pertinent concern is why do you even want this team to compete for the playoffs when there's zero chance that we'd actually get past the first round.

I should clarify my stance.

In june id prefer to be drafting in the top 2.

Before june i sure would like to have something to get excited about. I know we cant have both unfortunatley.

I do think this team will be very well coached this year and due to that we could be a slight surprise.

So is Afflalo playing next game or not? I hope Nicholson bounces back from that horrible first game, guy needs to work on his defense but I did set a high bar for him.

So is Afflalo playing next game or not?

not sure but probably before the regular season starts, but it's day-to-day. He is trying to get healthy before the regular season starts.