Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

2012 MAGIC Preseason Thread

Anyone else loving the new offense? I have been dying to see that for years now. Incredible ball movement for such a new team. I am more focused on the starters and what they did. It looks like Jameer is ready to display his passing ability now.

Hedo of course is a black hole. I think you need him and JJ on the second unit at some point. Unfortunately Harkless will not be ready for prime time just yet.

It is sad. I admit I watched some of the opening plays and thought - "wish we did that when dwight was here". We catered to Dwights ego so much and made him the centerpiece of the offense. It ruined the team and made us soft and predictable because everyone thought Dwight needed space with a stretch 4 and all kinds of other nonsense that only works for a year until everyone figures out how to defend it. Oh well, enough living in the past but what I am getting at is that I believe we may have found a real winner in Vaughn.

We had Ayon and Vuc out there together and it looked really nice and smooth. Very San Antonio esque offense. This brings me GREAT joy. :happypuppy:

This team could actually make the playoffs as a low seed..lets see what happens. It is weird because I partly don't want that to happen due to draft picks, but then again I know the city would really rally around a team like this. I also think we have enough assets with that TPE to trade into the draft as well.

Kind of torn.

Brian Roberts of the Hornets really stood out to me yesterday. I remember when we had him on our summer league team a few years ago. I think it was the year we drafted Courtney Lee.

As far as the Magic players, I like what I saw from Moore, Ayon and pretty much the entire starting lineup. I see us competing for the 7th or 8th seed this season. We have a solid group of guys overall, and we're pretty much two-deep at every position.

shaq-laugh.gif

• Upvote 3

I don't think it is as funny as people make it.

We have a team that can be a huge PITA and possibly get hot enough to steal a spot. On paper it does not seem that way, but from what I saw yesterday we play a very nice style of basketball out there.

Example : JJ will be used correctly. All he did was get open 3s now and then and some shots off of curls. But JJ can score easy buckets and it seemed like the Magic just used him for the tougher shots before. He also was forced into 1 on 1s too much.

A guy like JJ off the bench can help take a 6 point lead and extend it to 10 or 12 before the starters come back in to close out a game.

I really think our team could be a huge pain to deal with this year. Of course I could be wrong and we could suck and be awful, but something tells me we will have a huge chip on our shoulder that will help win some games.

We have a team that can be a huge PITA and possibly get hot enough to steal a spot. On paper it does not seem that way, but from what I saw yesterday we play a very nice style of basketball out there.

Example : JJ will be used correctly. All he did was get open 3s now and then and some shots off of curls. But JJ can score easy buckets and it seemed like the Magic just used him for the tougher shots before. He also was forced into 1 on 1s too much.

A guy like JJ off the bench can help take a 6 point lead and extend it to 10 or 12 before the starters come back in to close out a game.

I really think our team could be a huge pain to deal with this year. Of course I could be wrong and we could suck and be awful, but something tells me we will have a huge chip on our shoulder that will help win some games.

I agree. Outside of the top 5 or 6 teams, there's a huge drop off in talent in the east. Then you take into account injuries, breakout players, etc. it's possible that this team could sneak in. This team is going to have to scrap to win.

But would I bet on it? No.

• Upvote 1

lDT1q.gif

If you take the top 6 teams in the East out of the picture, our team is right on par with the rest of the teams in the EC. That leaves us competing with the Hawks, Bucks, Raptors, Cavs and Pistons for the final two spots.

If you take the top 6 teams in the East out of the picture, our team is right on par with the rest of the teams in the EC. That leaves us competing with the Hawks, Bucks, Raptors, Cavs and Pistons for the final two spots.

FACEPALM__Jack_Skellington_by_A_S_K_08.jpg

FACEPALM__Jack_Skellington_by_A_S_K_08.jpg

Really? That's what you're gonna go with? Man.. Who the hell are you to say we can't at least be decent? I think we're all on the same page of hoping for the best and expecting the worst, but for you to bust in here with your 'funny' pictures calling other people stupid for saying we might be able to surprise some people and battle for an 8 seed in a very very top heavy conference... well.. it kinda makes you look like an ass...

• Upvote 2

I could see this being Heart&Hustle 2, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it.

As for Dwight, I really wish we would have been able to say: "Hey. Dwight. I know you're a superstar and all, but you're not real good at offense or free throws, soooooo....we'll win more if we have an offense that INCLUDES you and not an offense CENTERED around you.

But...*sigh*

I could see this being Heart&Hustle 2, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it.

As for Dwight, I really wish we would have been able to say: "Hey. Dwight. I know you're a superstar and all, but you're not real good at offense or free throws, soooooo....we'll win more if we have an offense that INCLUDES you and not an offense CENTERED around you.

But...*sigh*

But, he is the center. :creaturedance:

Joking aside, I agree that we can fight for a bottom playoff spot. Seeing how the starters played, and given that we were without some key guys and the fact that our other guys will grow through the season, I wouldn't be surprised to see us playing past the regular season.

Going beyond the first round, on the other hand, is a different story.

Really? That's what you're gonna go with? Man.. Who the hell are you to say we can't at least be decent? I think we're all on the same page of hoping for the best and expecting the worst, but for you to bust in here with your 'funny' pictures calling other people stupid for saying we might be able to surprise some people and battle for an 8 seed in a very very top heavy conference... well.. it kinda makes you look like an ass...

I said things similar to what he said earlier , then I took an arrow to the knee but epically failed (like i just did talking about taking arrows to the knee, which made no sense.) and people got grumpy about it. So there. Can't beat them Join 'em