Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official NCAA 2013 Season Thread

Florida is somewhere around 8-9 when talking best teams in the country, which hey, is a lot better than even the biggest Gator homer thought they would be this year. They should be ranked 4-5, and deserve to be ranked above the few one loss teams that are still indeed better than them (Oklahoma, FSU, USC). But being ranked above Oregon and Kansas State is a complete joke.

George O'Leary just announced that UCF won their appeal and they are blew eligible to play in a bowl game.

no he didn't

the hearing for the appeal is in january and they can't be punished until then.

no he didn't

the hearing for the appeal is in january and they can't be punished until then.

Yeah, my bad. Read it incorrectly. NCAA is letting UCF play in a bowl this year, following years are up in the air. My fault.

If we're ranking teams based on how many points they score then yes, Oregon and KSU should be ranked more highly than UF.

If we're being realistic and ranking teams based on the quality of competition they've beaten, then UF is clearly #2. By that criterion they'd actually be #1 since Alabama hasn't beaten anyone, but I'm not naive enough to think we can beat the Tide.

Just keep in mind that if Florida beats Georgia this weekend they will have beaten 3 top-10 teams in a span of 4 weeks. Trey will undoubtedly find some way to diminish the impressiveness of that potential feat.

Just because people think Tennessee is still good, doesn't mean they're still good. That's the SEC in a nutshell.

I don't think anyone at Florida is talking about Tennessee as a quality win anymore. They don't need to. TA&M, LSU, and USC are all much better looking wins. But of course you will just glaze over those wins and talk about how much more impressive Oregon has looked with there cake walk schedule. I'll give you credit on saying Kansas State though, seeing as no one is stalking about them at all. They are the only top 5 team who can claim victories as impressive as Florida can, after the way the just ran through Oklahoma and West Virginia.

I don't think anyone at Florida is talking about Tennessee as a quality win anymore. They don't need to. TA&M, LSU, and USC are all much better looking wins. But of course you will just glaze over those wins and talk about how much more impressive Oregon has looked with there cake walk schedule. I'll give you credit on saying Kansas State though, seeing as no one is stalking about them at all. They are the only top 5 team who can claim victories as impressive as Florida can, after the way the just ran through Oklahoma and West Virginia.

The point was that LSU is that "Tennessee" team this year. They are terrible, the one school with an even worse offense than yours, but because of the logo on the helmet it's a huge win.

Holy **** Marcus Lattimore's career is over.

They said the same about Willis McGahee.