Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official NCAA 2013 Season Thread

I'm gonna sound like an extreme Gator hater, but I feel that game proved more how bad LSU is than it did how good UF is. Although UF is better than I thought, they shouldn't have jumped WVU or K-State. Not even sure if they should've jumped ND.

I'm gonna sound like an extreme Gator hater, but I feel that game proved more how bad LSU is than it did how good UF is. Although UF is better than I thought, they shouldn't have jumped WVU or K-State. Not even sure if they should've jumped ND.

Come on Trey, you are an extreme Gator hater.

:svgsad:

Back to reality for FSU fans. I imagine UF fans will be joining you, soon.

Back to reality for FSU fans. I imagine UF fans will be joining you, soon.

Most likely. I still expect FSU to beat us. Hell, I'm nervous about a letdown vs. Vandy today.

I was mainly taking exception to Trey belittling a big UF win in the same weekend that FSU loses to NC State. Not exactly a great time to throw stones.

I'm not really a fan of UCF per se, but I understand now why the people who are fans of that program hate George O'Leary. It's for doing things like he did tonight where Latavius Murray doesn't start and only gets 6 carries in regulation.

That makes total sense, given that he's their best offensive player.

But at least O'Leary is still running all those goddamned slow-developing wide receiver screens. I think UCF is up to a total of negative $Texas yards on the year when running that play. If they can lose 4 more yards on those screens, I hear they'll win a set of steak knives. Christ.

I'm not really a fan of UCF per se, but I understand now why the people who are fans of that program hate George O'Leary. It's for doing things like he did tonight where Latavius Murray doesn't start and only gets 6 carries in regulation.

That makes total sense, given that he's their best offensive player.

But at least O'Leary is still running all those goddamned slow-developing wide receiver screens. I think UCF is up to a total of negative $Texas yards on the year when running that play. If they can lose 4 more yards on those screens, I hear they'll win a set of steak knives. Christ.

O'Leary's gone with the runningback by committee approach the past 2 years, mainly because that's the team's deepest and strongest position. Latavius was the starter early in the year, but he got hurt so Storm got a chance to shine and took away some of Murray's touches.

I dislike O'Leary for a few dumb things he's done. He pissed me off during the Mizzou game when UCF had to burn a timeout on an XP. UCF was down 5 prior to the XP and he sent out the field goal unit instead of the offense to go for 2. The logic there was beyond me. I have a buddy who works the sidelines as a team assistant and according to him O'Leary just kinda blew off the assistant who asked if they should just kick the XP because he was busy reading the playcard. TIFWIW. I was also just pissed off about the lack of adjustments in the 2nd half of that game. Mizzou's defense really tightened the screws and UCF's offense became stagnant. UCF had over or around 100 yards rushing in the 1st half and finished with 128. And like DOM mentioned, they run the bubble screen way too damn much. Just plain out-coached that game.

And as always it is still, great, to be, a Florida Gator!!!

I suppose that game wasn't really about how good Florida was, but how bad South Carolina is?

Your offense is still worse than WVU's defense.