DanzigMagic

Disappointing season? WHY? Exciting times ahead!

I've seen way too many members saying just how disapointing this season will be and I completely disagree. For the first time in a very long time, we have zero expectations going into the season.

We are not going to make the playoffs. - Why worry? If we win 10 games, Yay! We get a high draft pick. If something magically and we DID make it to the playoffs then once again Yay! That means that the core we have has came together much faster than we hoped and SHOULD only get better for next season.

To me the only disapointments this year would to find that Hennigan gets all Otis on us and makes some stupid trade at the deadline. (Which I don't see happening)

OR

Vaugn turns out to be a total dud of a coach and only plays 7 players and never lets the rookies get ample playing time to develop.

I'm actually more pumped to watch about this season than last year. No "Superstar" distractions. No expectations. Now is the time to really root for this team. Now is the time for the real Magic fans to proudly cheer this young team instead of hoping an egotistical falling star blesses us with his 2 faced empty promises.

Go Magic!

I am happy that someone else has said this. I've felt this way for a while now. Looking forward to the future for the Magic.

I would be more excited if I was given a promise that Hedo Turkoglu would never play. Out of Meer, Ish, Afflalo, JJ, Harklees, Q, Nicholson, Glen, Harrington, Ayon, I can't think of a single player who makes me cringe every time they step on the floor.

Richardson and Duhon are gone. Find a way to dump Turk and I'll be thrilled.

I would be more excited if I was given a promise that Hedo Turkoglu would never play. Out of Meer, Ish, Afflalo, JJ, Harklees, Q, Nicholson, Glen, Harrington, Ayon, I can't think of a single player who makes me cringe every time they step on the floor.

Richardson and Duhon are gone. Find a way to dump Turk and I'll be thrilled.

We need Turk so he can help us tank, his contract expires in the year we can draft someone really good and start winning games

I am so stoked for this season. I am anxiously awaiting the birth of a new team. They will play hard and hustle. There is no way that they can underachieve but they most definitely can overachieve. I really trust Hennigan and all of the basketball minds that we now have. Go Magic!!!

The worst was Matt Barnes falling every time for Paul Pierce's pump fakes.

VC missing the FTs

The flagrant fouls on Dwight that KG got away with...

And yes, Nate Robinson pulling a prime Reggie Miller performance

I am excited to see Afflalo playing as Magic

Turk might retire as a Magic.....he's the closest we have right now, well with Jameer, as a longtime franchise player. Not that I enjoy his game lately, at all. But he did do a lot for us a few years back.

oooor, we can use his money to get better soon.

Turk might retire as a Magic.....he's the closest we have right now, well with Jameer, as a longtime franchise player. Not that I enjoy his game lately, at all. But he did do a lot for us a few years back.

Well, I'd be excited to see Turk retire.

• Upvote 1

Its going to be tough to watch at first I must admit. It sucks knowing that its going to be years of mediocre basketball but I'm so excited for this new beginning for the Magic. I have hope for this new era of Magic basketball. We have hit rock bottom and the only way now is up, things will only get better from here. Im excited to start over with new leadership, new vision and finally being done with the Dwight.

I'd only be cool with that if he retired in the end of his current contract.

Of all the players on this team so far, Turk is going to be a mystery this year. Does he lay down and ride out his contract knowing now that he will most likely never play for a championship team again, or does he step up knowing that he can drive up his value for next year since his contract will only be partially guaranteed?

We know what we are going to get from JJ, BBD and Jameer. At least now Jameer will be the only team captain so this should help keep the team organized. I always thought Jameer would be a much more effective leader without Dwight trying to be something he is not.

If Turk steps up just a little bit, we may get a good (or bad depending on how you look at it) surprise.

I just can't help but be excited because we have no idea what we are going to have this year.