Sign in to follow this  
flakxd

Stand-Up, Cheer, & give Dwight a roaring standing Ovation when he returns to O-Town??

Personal feelings aside who here on this board will want to win a title next year rather than rebuild for future success?

It just won't happen. And I rather win a title right, and with some type of dignity than bring back this guy.

There are other ways.

I actually like the idea of everyone throwing their old Howard jerseys/shirts/memorabilia onto the court immediately after tip-off. Refs have to stop the game for a minute to pick everything up, which gives us fans a minute or 2 to really let out our frustrations by booing the hell out of Dwight, (at a time when all he can do is stand there and take it with his fake ass smile). We should pass out his old jerseys at the door to everyone who didn't bring their own. Cover the parquet floor I say.....

I actually like the idea of everyone throwing their old Howard jerseys/shirts/memorabilia onto the court immediately after tip-off. Refs have to stop the game for a minute to pick everything up, which gives us fans a minute or 2 to really let out our frustrations by booing the hell out of Dwight, (at a time when all he can do is stand there and take it with his fake ass smile). We should pass out his old jerseys at the door to everyone who didn't bring their own. Cover the parquet floor I say.....

This is exactly why future big name talents will be hesitant to sign with the Magic!

1. Majority fans treat stars like they meant nothing to the franchise ala Dwight, Shaq and TMac. You mentioned "fake smile" well most fans had that "fake we love you Dwight" look on their face when they started the "Stay Dwight" campaign. To top if off most of them fans could give a rats tails about Dwight now! (It works both ways my friend)

2. The most important one management! We have a history of letting our stars sour on this franchise due to poor management. Hopefully our new personnel will change that.

That's why Cavilers fans will have a hard time getting big time talent their by player's choice...because they treated a guy who had ever right to go where he wanted to go (that why it's called free agency) even though he did it in a messed up way, turn around burn his jersey!

I wonder what they'll do when Irving leaves them? :chairshot:

This is exactly why future big name talents will be hesitant to sign with the Magic!

1. Majority fans treat stars like they meant nothing to the franchise ala Dwight, Shaq and TMac. You mentioned "fake smile" well most fans had that "fake we love you Dwight" look on their face when they started the "Stay Dwight" campaign. To top if off most of them fans could give a rats tails about Dwight now! (It works both ways my friend)

2. The most important one management! We have a history of letting our stars sour on this franchise due to poor management. Hopefully our new personnel will change that.

That's why Cavilers fans will have a hard time getting big time talent their by player's choice...because they treated a guy who had ever right to go where he wanted to go (that why it's called free agency) even though he did it in a messed up way, turn around burn his jersey!

I don't think you understand how some of us feel. I agree with you that, while booing is ok with me, the extreme throwing stuff to the court is too much. I also agree that free agents have the right to go where ever they want....BUT the way both Lebron and Dwight chose to leave their teams....thats BS. You don't need a one hour ESPN special to go somewhere. You don't need to be a baby and cry and yell that you won't go to any team unless its this and that.

The way they did it is where I have a problem. If you quietly choose to sign somewhere else. Fine. Don't spend years saying this is where you want to be, when you know you don't. Don't play with your fans. Just be honest. Go somewhere else, who cares, but don't make it a spectacle. That's why I hate those types of players. Which sadly most stars of this game are turning into big Divas.

I guess since I started watching the NBA in the early to mid 90's and seeing how guys where loyal to their teams pretty much their whole career, win or lose, that's the game I grew up to like and enjoy. This newer(maybe the last 10 years or so) trend of just playing for fame and a ring...I just see it as lack of principles, loyalty, morals....and those players moving around following the title I see as little prostitutes or junkies that would do anything to get what they want..

• Upvote 4

I don't think you understand how some of us feel. I agree with you that, while booing is ok with me, the extreme throwing stuff to the court is too much. I also agree that free agents have the right to go where ever they want....BUT the way both Lebron and Dwight chose to leave their teams....thats BS. You don't need a one hour ESPN special to go somewhere. You don't need to be a baby and cry and yell that you won't go to any team unless its this and that.

The way they did it is where I have a problem. If you quietly choose to sign somewhere else. Fine. Don't spend years saying this is where you want to be, when you know you don't. Don't play with your fans. Just be honest. Go somewhere else, who cares, but don't make it a spectacle. That's why I hate those types of players. Which sadly most stars of this game are turning into big Divas.

I guess since I started watching the NBA in the early to mid 90's and seeing how guys where loyal to their teams pretty much their whole career, win or lose, that's the game I grew up to like and enjoy. This newer(maybe the last 10 years or so) trend of just playing for fame and a ring...I just see it as lack of principles, loyalty, morals....and those players moving around following the title I see as little prostitutes or junkies that would do anything to get what they want..

Good point! Charles Barkley and Penny were my idols growing up... them guys played hard every night and didn't complain...I sure miss them days!

Good point! Charles Barkley and Penny were my idols growing up... them guys played hard every night and didn't complain...I sure miss them days!

Cleveland will have a hard time signing free agents because Cleveland sucks. That's a problem that Orlando doesn't have and that has been proven before....repeatedly. I also have a hard time blaming the front office for 3 different franchise players moving on when the front office was drastically different for all 3 and none of them are currently employed by the Magic. The common thread could be RDV, I suppose, but he's also has a very limited time left. It's pretty unlikely that he's around and when the Magic are in the market to sign another free agent.....and I don't mean that to sound like I'm rooting for him to die; just pointing out the obvious that he is getting up there and he's on borrowed time with a bad heart.

Oh please

Almost every player in the league thinks dwights a clown for what he pulled, i doubt they would give a ****

Even though I am a Magic fan, while watching Dwight Howard shoot free throws, I would boo the crap out of him in the privacy of my home because he was so inept. Now I can do it in public. But instead of booing him, I think we should all laugh as loud as we possibly can when he steps up to the line with that "I really don't want to be here" look in his eyes, and roar with laughter after every miss. I also hope that we send him to the line about 30 times. It would be like going to a comedy club.