Sign in to follow this  
TrustInHenny

Bynum best center in the league?

Can anybody explain to me why I was hearing so much blah blah blah about how Andrew Bynum was sneaking up on Dwight, and was possibly already better, as the best center in the league? (Mostly ESPN I guess)

Now that LA has obtained Dwight, there is all this talk that LA is the best in the West now and are a lock to go to the Finals. Does everyone forget what OKC/SA did last year? And even still, how does LA go from losing in 5 games in the second round to suddenly being the favorites when according to the same people, they traded a better center for Dwight.

I guess this is mostly just ESPN mumbo jumbo, but why is it that Orlando is so disrespected all the time? Truly annoying.

well it is kinda true because bynum got 2 rings than Coward because Kobe. Coward has none because of him baby attitude.

Still optimistic that OKC will return to the NBA finals again this upcoming season.

Typical ESPN media bias. Their headquarters are in l.a they were trying to do whatever they could to undermine dwight howard's value and raise andrew bynum stock to create a howard to los angeles trade and it worked. The big markets rule again and everyone else is just worthless the NBA is more rigged than the old WCW dollar dollar bill y'all

• Upvote 1

Typical ESPN media bias. Their headquarters are in l.a Bristol, Connecticut they were trying to do whatever they could to undermine dwight howard's value and raise andrew bynum stock to create a howard to los angeles trade and it worked. The big markets rule again and everyone else is just worthless the NBA is more rigged than the old WCW dollar dollar bill y'all

Fixed. Maybe that tin foil hat is a bit too tight?

Can anybody explain to me why I was hearing so much blah blah blah about how Andrew Bynum was sneaking up on Dwight, and was possibly already better, as the best center in the league? (Mostly ESPN I guess)

Now that LA has obtained Dwight, there is all this talk that LA is the best in the West now and are a lock to go to the Finals. Does everyone forget what OKC/SA did last year? And even still, how does LA go from losing in 5 games in the second round to suddenly being the favorites when according to the same people, they traded a better center for Dwight.

I guess this is mostly just ESPN mumbo jumbo, but why is it that Orlando is so disrespected all the time? Truly annoying.

They also took a terrible pg situation and turned it into Nash and brought in Jamison who still has some gas in the tank. They have improved substantially. By mid season they will probably have Phil Jackson back to start adding more rings on his toes. If you think the ESPN love is strong now wait until the season starts. As far as anyone knows there will only be two teams in the league. I would bet they start a one hour high light show every night detailing each and every minute of the heat and lakers games during the year co produced by David Stern. Afterward Stern will pimp some hats and jerseys on a half hour sales show.

LAL by far is the favorite to win an NBA title this year. The team that they have BOUGHT is unparalleled in the league (although the LT penalty will be severe and will continue to grow punitivelywith time). Not even the defending champs in MIA can hold the Lakers jock right now.

The other part of this discussion, the comparison of Bynum and Howard demonstrates once more why ESPN is a joke. I don't know how many times over the last few years I've been forced to listen to the ESPN pundits argue that Dwight is little more than a one dimensional player that lacks the ability to create for himself, create for teammates, or finish at the free throw line. Meanwhile, Bynum has been hailed as the 2nd coming of Hakeem. Now that Howard is the one wearing the purple and gold, ESPN hasn't stopped talking about how Bynum is a distant 2nd best to Howard.

LAL by far is the favorite to win an NBA title this year. The team that they have BOUGHT is unparalleled in the league (although the LT penalty will be severe and will continue to grow punitivelywith time). Not even the defending champs in MIA can hold the Lakers jock right now.

I disagree with this. Everyone on their team except Dwight and Duhon is on the verge of retirement. Dwight has a serious back problem and won't play the first month of the season. We don't know if Nash can be the same player in a slower paced offense, we don't know how Kobe can deal with less shots and not having the ball. Miami is still the favorites IMO. They have the best player in the world, all their top players are still in their prime. They have quality depth and chemistry. I'm not ready to crown LA over OKC either, their top 3 players just won Gold in the Olympics and their 4th best won Silver. Steve Nash is going to really struggle guarding Westbrook on pick and rolls, though Dwight could help. Plus, Perkins gives Dwight more fits than anyone in the league defensively.

The Lakers could easily win the title this year, but I'm so tired of seeing them crowned already.

• Upvote 1

Bynum has had favorable match-ups his entire career. I can't wait to see how he does without Pau and Kobe drawing so much attention. For as one dimensional as people like to say Dwight is, other teams sure seem to load up on a guy who apparently has no offensive game.

Yeah, stupid.

Mods, since this is about two players who are not on the Magic, I could care less and believe such conversations should be in the other teams area. I am already sick of hearing about Howard.

I don't want to hear about who my old girlfriend is dating, even if he is really ugly.

• Upvote 2

I disagree with this. Everyone on their team except Dwight and Duhon is on the verge of retirement. Dwight has a serious back problem and won't play the first month of the season. We don't know if Nash can be the same player in a slower paced offense, we don't know how Kobe can deal with less shots and not having the ball. Miami is still the favorites IMO. They have the best player in the world, all their top players are still in their prime. They have quality depth and chemistry. I'm not ready to crown LA over OKC either, their top 3 players just won Gold in the Olympics and their 4th best won Silver. Steve Nash is going to really struggle guarding Westbrook on pick and rolls, though Dwight could help. Plus, Perkins gives Dwight more fits than anyone in the league defensively.

The Lakers could easily win the title this year, but I'm so tired of seeing them crowned already.

Lakers will have really bad perimeter D but OKC is absolutely terrible up front, Dwight scored 33 points against them the last time they matched up. I don't see how OKC can beat them in a series; maybe if KD, Harden and Dumbbrook are all ridiculously hot at the same time.

I just do not see the Lakers beating the Heat. Steve Nash is not young and not sure how much he has left in the tank. Who knows when Dwight will be able to play, and if he will be the same. I have serious doubts about the team's chemistry. Two divas on one time not always a good thing. To me, Dwight did not look to good during the press conference and was not straight forward. I hope Lakers get it just like Magic did.

I just do not see the Lakers beating the Heat. Steve Nash is not young and not sure how much he has left in the tank. Who knows when Dwight will be able to play, and if he will be the same. I have serious doubts about the team's chemistry. Two divas on one time not always a good thing. To me, Dwight did not look to good during the press conference and was not straight forward. I hope Lakers get it just like Magic did.

LAKER FAN HERE AM SO GLAD WE GOT DWIGHT HOWARD WOOOT WOOT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Lmao at you guys thinking Morey was going to give up the farm. Funny read these forums for two months. You guys got screwed so bad on this idk how even mitch got this trade to go down MOREY IS THA BOSS =D kryie irving is coming to LA =))))))))))

• Upvote 1