Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official NFL 2013 Season Thread

I hate Wash but loved watching them hand it to NO. RG3 looked like the real deal and their RB Morris looked good too. I expect to see alot out of those 2 this year.

Garçon was also pretty good

He will be a Top 5 WR soon

I disagree. Compare his physical talent to guys like Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Dez Bryant, Hakeem Nicks, AJ Green, etc. and it's not even close. You're saying he'll be top 5 at the position with the most players in the NFL? I don't see it. He's not even that young.

Turd, you're responding to someone who, apparently, thinks beating a team by 8 points is dominating them.

Calling out hyperbole is likely going to be wasted breath.

Only taking into accounts stats while not watching anything is your specialty.

Because if you think 49ers didn't dominate the Packers last sunday, then you didn't watch the game. So you might as well shut up and let people who see things talk.

Only taking into accounts stats while not watching anything is your specialty.

Because if you think 49ers didn't dominate the Packers last sunday, then you didn't watch the game. So you might as well shut up and let people who see things talk.

I watched the game.

That said, just because a team was clearly playing better than their opponent doesn't mean they "dominated". It means they "won the game".

I know this is hard for you, because you like to jump to ridiculous hyperbole immediately and all that in lieu of having anything that's productive or interesting to say on its own merits, but it's really not that hard:

Baltimore dominated. New England dominated. The Jets dominated until the 4th quarter.

San Francisco won their game. In fact, they won it by the same score as the Redskins won their game, and despite the fact that the Redskins controlled their game much better than San Francisco controlled theirs, no one would really try to claim that the Redskins "dominated" because people aren't stupid. They won convincingly. So did San Francisco.

But since dominate is a word, and like most words it has a definition, you really can't just throw it around at any possible instance without sounding ridiculous.

And it's a minor point, in the grand scheme of things, but actually you CAN tell if a team dominated by looking at a stat sheet, by looking at the score. If a team controls the ball 2 to 1 over the other team and only wins by 2 points, they didn't dominate the game; they dominated time of possession. If they greatly out-gain their opponents on the ground and only win by 2, they didn't dominate the game; they dominated the line of scrimmage. If you out-gain them in the air and only win by 2, you dominated their secondary.

Hell, the Bucs completely obliterated the Panthers on time of possession and rushing yards. Did they dominate the game? Of course they *****ing didn't; they won by less than a touchdown. Does it MATTER that they only won and didn't dominate? Of course it doesn't.

I get that you're a homer for the 49ers, and that's fine, but why don't you tone down the hyperbole like, all of the percent? It'll make it much easier for people here to take you at least a little bit seriously.

• Upvote 2

I watched the game.

That said, just because a team was clearly playing better than their opponent doesn't mean they "dominated". It means they "won the game".

I know this is hard for you, because you like to jump to ridiculous hyperbole immediately and all that in lieu of having anything that's productive or interesting to say on its own merits, but it's really not that hard:

Baltimore dominated. New England dominated. The Jets dominated until the 4th quarter.

San Francisco won their game. In fact, they won it by the same score as the Redskins won their game, and despite the fact that the Redskins controlled their game much better than San Francisco controlled theirs, no one would really try to claim that the Redskins "dominated" because people aren't stupid. They won convincingly. So did San Francisco.

But since dominate is a word, and like most words it has a definition, you really can't just throw it around at any possible instance without sounding ridiculous.

And it's a minor point, in the grand scheme of things, but actually you CAN tell if a team dominated by looking at a stat sheet, by looking at the score. If a team controls the ball 2 to 1 over the other team and only wins by 2 points, they didn't dominate the game; they dominated time of possession. If they greatly out-gain their opponents on the ground and only win by 2, they didn't dominate the game; they dominated the line of scrimmage. If you out-gain them in the air and only win by 2, you dominated their secondary.

Hell, the Bucs completely obliterated the Panthers on time of possession and rushing yards. Did they dominate the game? Of course they *****ing didn't; they won by less than a touchdown. Does it MATTER that they only won and didn't dominate? Of course it doesn't.

I get that you're a homer for the 49ers, and that's fine, but why don't you tone down the hyperbole like, all of the percent? It'll make it much easier for people here to take you at least a little bit seriously.

hopbS.gif

• Upvote 1

I watched the game.

Yeah, but Face/Off's pretty *****ing great though, right?

Faceoff was not bad at all.

Also, could you be more off topic?

In terms of football it is off topic. As an example of hyperbole its right on subject.

And an 8 point win is not a dominant win. Telling people repeatedly that they didn't watch the game won't change that.