AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

Hire a GM with no GM experience + Hire a Coach with no Head Coach experience + Trade DH for a bunch of nobodies and protected picks = Devos family back to spending nil to try and win a championship.

This ownership has shown time and time again that it is CLUELESS. Lost Shaq to Lakers for NOTHING, let Penny lead player revolt against a coach, Hired a hockey guy as GM, Hired Johnny Davis as a coach, signed an injured (not to mention on crutches) Grant Hill to a 7-year deal, paid Rashard Lewis WAY too much money, traded for a washed up Hedo, just RESIGNED Jameer (why?), and now we've lost the best center in the league to the Lakers again .... The list goes on and on.

We give them a gorgeous brand new arena ... They in turn give us Aaron Afflalo.

We got a crap GM again (just proved he was crap with this trade), a hope and a prayer Coach, a list of backups as starters, and once again we're left hoping for lottery balls.

I used to hate this name, but now it fits better than ever ... The Orlando Tragic.

Is it too late to change our mind on the arena deal?

this sounds exactly like notorious s.a.c.

Time to bring the ban hammer.

Sorry, didn't drink my gallon of kool-aid today ... You're absolutely correct, 23 years of history with this team should've shown me just how great our future looks with this trade. I sincerely apologize for being extremely tired of this team letting everyone in the city down time and time again. I forgot that I'm just supposed to smile and be happy with heart and hustle 2.0 being crammed down my throat.

Forgive me if I just want to win a championship for once. Don't worry, I'll get right back to the usual magic fan status according to you ... "please god, let them send Pat Williams to the draft lottery so we can get the number 1 pick .... please, please, please"

I started a thread for you

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23409-the-official-come-in-and-beotch-thread/

Hire a GM with no GM experience + Hire a Coach with no Head Coach experience + Trade DH for a bunch of nobodies and protected picks = Devos family back to spending nil to try and win a championship.

This ownership has shown time and time again that it is CLUELESS. Lost Shaq to Lakers for NOTHING, let Penny lead player revolt against a coach, Hired a hockey guy as GM, Hired Johnny Davis as a coach, signed an injured (not to mention on crutches) Grant Hill to a 7-year deal, paid Rashard Lewis WAY too much money, traded for a washed up Hedo, just RESIGNED Jameer (why?), and now we've lost the best center in the league to the Lakers again .... The list goes on and on.

We got a crap GM again (just proved he was crap with this trade), a hope and a prayer Coach, a list of backups as starters, and once again we're left hoping for lottery balls.

I used to hate this name, but now it fits better than ever ... The Orlando Tragic.

I guess the players' free will to choose their own destiny accounts for nothing. It's all "Orlando's fault". It's not like Dwight could have worked on his free throws, or that a Stern led NBA doesn't give preferential treatment to larger markets, or that Grant Hill didn't have injuries, or Dwight/HWNSNBU limited our choices for trade partners with their threats. It is what it is, and only a handful of teams get the chance to win it all. I'm not saying the Orlando Magic is perfect, but I don't fault them for doing what they thought was the best with what they had. I don't give credit to Los Angeles, which has been given so many advantages just for being "LA". It's an uphill climb for any small market, but the Magic is now doing what it needs to do to get itself back into relevance. They run their business, they know the choices they had to make, and I don't fault them for not being perfect. But it's still my home team, and, heck, I have no desire to trounce on them anymore than the entire country that is scrutinizing them and insulting them right now.

But the horizon looks brighter for the small market teams, because it can only look up from here. The smaller market teams are downtrodden and can stay downtrodden only for so long. I root for the "OKC's" and "San Antonio's" and "Orlando's" of the NBA, and we have a GM who learned from Presti and a young coach who learned from Pops. Yes, the Magic have rolled the dice once more, but the approach is "long term" this time. Investing on a culture of "smart basketball" and "team". Stern will have his day when the small markets will unite and question the NBA's integrity. The fall will be hard when that time comes.

Anyway you look it -- Magic has rid itself of a player who didn't want to be here, and we are all just ready to move on. You can keep beating yourself up over it and tell the world just how awful Orlando has been as a small market team. Those in Minnesota, Toronto, Charlotte, Portland, New Orleans, Sacramento, Golden State, etc will beg to differ. We've had our run. Our rise and fall in the past have been rather painless and even the fall had been pretty exciting (Armstrong, Heart and Hustle, etc.). The Orlando Magic are not perfect but they are far from being the most incompetent or the unluckiest with the cards they have been given.

• Upvote 4

The force is strong in this one! This almost brought simultaneous tears of happiness and pain to the SAC.

I guess the players' free will to choose their own destiny accounts for nothing. It's all "Orlando's fault". It's not like Dwight could have worked on his free throws, or that a Stern led NBA doesn't give preferential treatment to larger markets, or that Grant Hill didn't have injuries, or Dwight/HWNSNBU limited our choices for trade partners with their threats. It is what it is, and only a handful of teams get the chance to win it all. I'm not saying the Orlando Magic is perfect, but I don't fault them for doing what they thought was the best with what they had. I don't give credit to Los Angeles, which has been given so many advantages just for being "LA". It's an uphill climb for any small market, but the Magic is now doing what it needs to do to get itself back into relevance. They run their business, they know the choices they had to make, and I don't fault them for not being perfect. But it's still my home team, and, heck, I have no desire to trounce on them anymore than the entire country that is scrutinizing them and insulting them right now.

But the horizon looks brighter for the small market teams, because it can only look up from here. The smaller market teams are downtrodden and can stay downtrodden only for so long. I root for the "OKC's" and "San Antonio's" and "Orlando's" of the NBA, and we have a GM who learned from Presti and a young coach who learned from Pops. Yes, the Magic have rolled the dice once more, but the approach is "long term" this time. Investing on a culture of "smart basketball" and "team". Stern will have his day when the small markets will unite and question the NBA's integrity. The fall will be hard when that time comes.

Anyway you look it -- Magic has rid itself of a player who didn't want to be here, and we are all just ready to move on. You can keep beating yourself up over it and tell the world just how awful Orlando has been as a small market team. Those in Minnesota, Toronto, Charlotte, Portland, New Orleans, Sacramento, Golden State, etc will beg to differ. We've had our run. Our rise and fall in the past have been rather painless and even the fall had been pretty exciting (Armstrong, Heart and Hustle, etc.). The Orlando Magic are not perfect but they are far from being the most incompetent or the unluckiest with the cards they have been given.

Luck is the remnants of proper and logically planned execution. I agree with most of what you said so well however we did ourselves no favors in the management of our team. Every time we make a trade I end up waiting for the kicker only to sit confounded thinking "is that all we got....again". When was the last time we pulled a Lakers type deal? Our execution with what was a given in Dwight has been dreadful. We put junk around him and he single handidly carried us for the last 3 years. I guess if he wanted to wait a couple more years for some talent to show up we would all be happy but I wouldnt wait around either.

We deserve what we got for letting an incompetent dunce run unchecked for years.... but Stern, Fagen and large markets did us in. For all we know it was going to happen with or without Otis stupidity. I would not doubt we would lose him even if we had won a championship this year just because of Stern/HWNSNBU. You have to wonder which young stud we develop will be picked off next by a large market. It will be sad to see OKC follow the same path but it WILL happen on Sterns tenure.

With the deal finalized and time to comprehend, I've accepted it. Good luck Rob, I still love my Magic!

"Are we taking a step back? Absolutely, we are," Magic general manager Rob Hennigan said. "But we're taking a step back with a vision."

The force is strong in this one! This almost brought simultaneous tears of happiness and pain to the SAC.

I'd consult a health care professional. you might have an std

• Upvote 1