AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

There is no reason to use those TPEs for anything, unless it involves being paid in draft picks to absorb bad contracts.

This team is a minimum of 3 years away from competing. The team, and all of you, NEED to embrace that.

Edit: So we haven't even seen our team step on the floor yet and we are already predicting failure for 3 seasons and that we should embrace it, and welcome it? I am not that kind of fan...and never will be. I don't go to games expecting losses, I expect us to compete, every single game.

• Upvote 2

There is no reason to use those TPEs for anything, unless it involves being paid in draft picks to absorb bad contracts.

Exactly.

So NO got Gordon (Afflalo), Aminu (Harkless), Kaman (Harrington sort of), and the 10th pick (I think Vucecic will end up equaling that value) plus we got a TPE, a serviceable McBob, and a raw talent in Eyenga, picks, and will almost be guarenteed a lotto pick unless we overachieve. And that was for Chris Paul, an equal talent to Howard.

But you're right everyone, Hennigan is a total moron.

And sure Gordon has had a better season than Afflalo, but he also has injuries, almost bolted to PHX the first chance he got, and was featured on a bad Clipps team to stay pad.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Afflalo WANTS to be here and embraces the challenge. He will greatly be needed to defend the all-star wings in this league (along with Moe).

One thing for sure, our defensive stance on the perimeter has GREATLY improved and will take some pressure off the bigs. Hopefully JV implements a good defensive system.

I'm excited and can't wait to see what we do with the rest of our roster and how we fill out the PG slot.

• Upvote 1

I wasn't too thrilled with this trade at first, but now I'm warming up to it and I am ready for some rebuilding. Every win will be so much more exciting, and tickets will probably be cheaper, which helps my situation. Either way, I'm ready to stick by my team.

This team is a minimum of 3 years away from competing. The team, and all of you, NEED to embrace that.

I agree that we won't be a top 4 team in the east for at least 2-3 years but I have a feeling that we're going to be better than what people think. I'm thinking that Vucecic/Nicholson will bigger contributors than people think, Nelson will be much improved, and Afflalo will be a 18-20 ppg scorer.

Edit: So we haven't even seen our team step on the floor yet and we are already predicting failure for 3 seasons and that we should embrace it, and welcome it? I am not that kind of fan...and never will be. I don't go to games expecting losses, I expect us to compete, every single game.

That's irrational. Expectations should be low right now. Just suit back and enjoy player development.

I agree that we won't be a top 4 team in the east for at least 2-3 years but I have a feeling that we're going to be better than what people think. I'm thinking that Vucecic/Nicholson will bigger contributors than people think, Nelson will be much improved, and Afflalo will be a 18-20 ppg scorer.

That's possible, but we still won't be better than miami, brooklyn, new york, atlanta, indiana, boston, philly, washington, milwaukee, probably chicago, probably toronto, detroit, and probably cleveland.

We wont be historically bad but we won't win 30 games.

So NO got Gordon (Afflalo), Aminu (Harkless), Kaman (Harrington sort of), and the 10th pick (I think Vucecic will end up equaling that value) plus we got a TPE, a serviceable McBob, and a raw talent in Eyenga, picks, and will almost be guarenteed a lotto pick unless we overachieve. And that was for Chris Paul, an equal talent to Howard.

And sure Gordon has had a better season than Afflalo, but he also has injuries, almost bolted to PHX the first chance he got, and was featured on a bad Clipps team to stay pad.

Im there with you Jareth. We LOOK like we got a crappy deal, but IMO no one has seen the team play yet, so how can you judge.. Just by the names??

"A league source told the Daily News that a stumbling block in negotiations was lingering animosity stemming from the Magic’s belief the Nets illegally contacted Howard in December without Orlando’s permission. The Nets denied they had met with Howard, and charges were never filed with the league."

In business, the companies that thrive long-term have a commitment to doing it the right way. You can skirt those tactics for a while, but eventually, the rot gets through your organization and your hubris takes its toll. And there’s something to be said for maintaining your pride. If the Magic legitimately felt that the Nets had tampered with their player, their best player, that’s a huge violation of NBA rules and of NBA managerial conduct. It’s one thing to tamper with your player, it’s another to then continually collude with that player’s camp to ruin all other leverage in regards to other deals and to constantly pressure the team into making the trade. And there’s a lot of evidence that that might have gone on. You can’t blame Howard’s people. It’s their job to fulfill their clients wishes. That’s what their responsibility is, not to the team. But to Howard, and to the Nets, as members of the NBA, there’s a way to conduct business and a way not to. So if Orlando decided it didn’t want to have someone steal their lunch money, then trade their backpack to get a third of that money back, I don’t see how you can blame them.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/11/report-nets-magic-howard-deal-blew-up-because-of-orlando-animosity/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I like Affalo. He's a solid role player. However, he's not close to EG.

I'm ready to move on. Ready to rebuild with a new team and new management. My only hope is that Turk, Harrington, and McBob don't see the floor much, as I want to see MH, AN, KO and JH develop.

Go Magic