AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

Kerr worked because Pippen could handle like a point guard.

He was also on the Spurs during at least one of their championship runs. I don't remember them having a point forward (or triangle offense), but I might be forgetting someone on that roster.

Oh right.

That ridiculous myth that Hedo Turkoglu was a point forward.

Yeah - good passer, but he gets far too much credit for his ball handling skills. He's more a 6'10 guy with a more European (passing and mid to long-range shooting) offensive game. He's a good ball-handler when you add the caveat "for a 6'10 guy."

He was also on the Spurs during at least one of their championship runs. I don't remember them having a point forward (or triangle offense), but I might be forgetting someone on that roster.

Antonio Daniels.

But at that point in his career, Kerr was so goddamned bad that the Spurs basically just hid him as much as they could. It's why he barely got minutes in the playoffs of the two title years he had with the Spurs. He was just awful.

Antonio Daniels.

But at that point in his career, Kerr was so goddamned bad that the Spurs basically just hid him as much as they could. It's why he barely got minutes in the playoffs of the two title years he had with the Spurs. He was just awful.

Daniels: that's right. So all we need to do is find a Pippen-esque small forward? Eeeeeeeeasy.

The saddest part is that I've read SAS's writing: when he doesn't have to talk, his analysis is actually pretty solid and insightful.

I know, I was as shocked as anyone.

My guess is that he has a ghost writer.

so we owe Cle our 2013 & 2014 2nd round picks. With our new direction, those picks will be just as good as late 1st round picks. -____-

If we make any trade with them, i hope we make an effort to get those picks back.

That looks like a helluva move by the Cavs now.

Wasn't Daniels a guard?

He was a 2/3, but yes, he usually played the 2.

But my point was that when Kerr was on the floor for the Spurs, he usually wasn't the primary ball handler. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough on that point.

He was a 2/3, but yes, he usually played the 2.

But my point was that when Kerr was on the floor for the Spurs, he usually wasn't the primary ball handler. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough on that point.

Kind of like when Duhon was in the game, we needed another player to bring the ball over the half court line.