AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

Also, since certain people on the board apparently weirdly get off on this sort of thing:

A partial list of things DOM was wrong about on these boards(written while DOM is, admittedly, extremely drunk):

JJ Redick's everything

So yeah, there's that. Knock yourselves out, guys.

Ahh if we could only pull the posts from the old board i'd link to a very heavy and passionate debate we had about JJ redick...

I can't wait to see the post about how I have no life for looking those up, and/or Eskobar claims to have not read any of it.

... Well since you asked for it.....

Dear Lifeless DOM,

How is it that you have all this time to scan TBN Forum Archives? Dont you have something called a day job, or a night job.... shoot we will just keep it simple and say "a job" period. I mean since your sooooooo smart and have sooooooo much time, you should of pointed out the other TBN forum thread, you know the one where we talked about how Eskobar can only read Braille. I mean seriously we were all really touched by his personal story. Heck you even gave $5 dollars for that awesome "i-Braille" fundraiser.

But Esko has every right to make that claim from the above. Remember how it was uncovered that the "i-Braille" fundraiser was being lead by Bernie Madoff's people, and everything just went down hill from there. Esko said he had to go back to visual rehab, because he couldnt handle smooth surfaces anymore. All Eskobar wanted to do was read the TBN forums the way it was meant for him to read it. And this world took it away and all you can do is Bash him DOM. How Dare You Sir!

Signed,

Someone who has more time than you.

-LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Instead of posting just the quotes, which will inexplicably get me labelled a liar or something, here are the entire threads starting with the first relevant post.

So here's the first.

Here's the second.

These first two links are hilarious. Reading the insults, the insinuations Escobar makes, the proclamations made about how certain stats are meaningless and "you haven't been paying attention [to the games]", and how it goes on and on leading to a terrific payout in the second link with this little gem from him:

I remember that debate very well, and I may have been wrong....it happens.

Followed by a repeat of the same behavior from the first link.

Instead of posting just the quotes, which will inexplicably get me labelled a liar or something, here are the entire threads starting with the first relevant post.

So here's the first.

Here's the second.

Here's one that's not really related, but I find kind of funny.

And for fun, here's the thread where I called Humphries 2011 season was an anomaly in terms of efficiency, shooting percentage, and DReb%.

And while I normally hate quoting myself, I found this post I made back when I was posting as Lord Xenu, and given that it's inexplicably still totally relevant, I'm going to repost the entire thing:

[/size][/color]

I've got to say this entertained me for about 3 hours lol

If I didn't already know you were the one posting this, I'd have thought those were actual quotes from Stephen A. Smith.

He likes to mix in common facts like height, college and years in the NBA with other nonsensical information and try to pass it off as analysis. He has to be the worst sports commentator I've ever seen on ESPN in terms of analytic ability. And that's saying a lot.

• Upvote 1

He likes to mix in common facts like height, college and years in the NBA with other nonsensical information and try to pass it off as analysis. He has to be the worst sports commentator I've ever seen on ESPN in terms of analytic ability. And that's saying a lot.

He is a complete joke, this is the only time I've ever enjoyed anything he has had to say:

"No disrespect, but he can't play."

The basic ethnicity and general body type of almost every board member I've seen or met in person(excellent people, all of you, by the by, but I'm still shocked that Marc Acres is an heavyset Asian woman)

No wait.. Marc is a heavy set asian woman..?

It's true. But I love her anyway. All of her.

• Upvote 1

Interesting note, Rod Thorn said the original Dwight deal was just a 3 teamer with LA and Philly, but we got Denver involved because we didn't want Iggy. I also read that Utah considered offering Paul Millsap in a Ryan S&T, but backed off.

Excerpts from Stan Van Gundy interview on ESPN Radio from yesterday. Mike & Mike played some excerpts from the interview this morning and I saw it briefly on this afternoon's Sports Center. Here's a link to the podcast from Mike & Mike this morning. The SVG interview is discussed and excerpts played starting at around the 19:20 mark. http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8265227

I'm still surprised to hear SVG back Dwight and blame management for the unraveling of the relationship. SVG is blunt, as usual.

• Upvote 1

Excerpts from Stan Van Gundy interview on ESPN Radio from yesterday. Mike & Mike played some excerpts from the interview this morning and I saw it briefly on this afternoon's Sports Center. Here's a link to the podcast from Mike & Mike this morning. The SVG interview is discussed and excerpts played starting at around the 19:20 mark. http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8265227

I'm still surprised to hear SVG back Dwight and blame management for the unraveling of the relationship. SVG is blunt, as usual.

Man that interview makes me miss Stan so much.

And it's extremely enlightening to hear Stan blame the front office, which is exactly what people have been saying for some time, that that is where the root of the Magic organization is. Even more so, Stan mentioned ownership a few times very specifically.

Man that interview makes me miss Stan so much.

And it's extremely enlightening to hear Stan blame the front office, which is exactly what people have been saying for some time, that that is where the root of the Magic organization is. Even more so, Stan mentioned ownership a few times very specifically.

I'm with you.

Obviously, it's time to move on and nothing can be done about it now. But, it makes you wonder that if things had been handled differently, both Dwight and SVG might still be here with a solid supporting roster and continued success.

Excerpts from Stan Van Gundy interview on ESPN Radio from yesterday. Mike & Mike played some excerpts from the interview this morning and I saw it briefly on this afternoon's Sports Center. Here's a link to the podcast from Mike & Mike this morning. The SVG interview is discussed and excerpts played starting at around the 19:20 mark. http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=8265227

SVG is correct, the way the front office (O-s--t) handled the requests made by Dwight is what screwed us. I will miss him as a coach for sure and hope that JV will have some of that bluntness.

Its a shame... we go through Front Offices like Wilt does with Condoms.