AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

So NO got Gordon (Afflalo), Aminu (Harkless), Kaman (Harrington sort of), and the 10th pick (I think Vucecic will end up equaling that value) plus we got a TPE, a serviceable McBob, and a raw talent in Eyenga, picks, and will almost be guarenteed a lotto pick unless we overachieve. And that was for Chris Paul, an equal talent to Howard.

But you're right everyone, Hennigan is a total moron.

And sure Gordon has had a better season than Afflalo, but he also has injuries, almost bolted to PHX the first chance he got, and was featured on a bad Clipps team to stay pad.

I agree with Vucecic eventually equaling the value of the 10th pick. I actually think he's a better player than Meyer Leonard, who went 11th overall.

Look at this way, the last two teams to trade their superstars (Cleveland and New Orleans) wound up with the 1st pick in the draft that year. So let's hope the trend continues.

I think Shabazz Muhammad would look good as the new face of the franchise. Then somehow if we can get another 1st round pick, we draft Michael Carter-Williams from Syracuse. The kid is like a young Rod Strickland.

I agree with Vucecic eventually equaling the value of the 10th pick. I actually think he's a better player than Meyer Leonard, who went 11th overall.

I agree as well.

Obviously its not like vucevic is going to be an allstar, but he could be a 13/8 type of guy in the future

I agree as well.

Obviously its not like vucevic is going to be an allstar, but he could be a 13/8 type of guy in the future

He'll definitely be servicable in today's game. Who knows, he could be our next Gortat (in terms of being a future trade asset, anyways).

More trades are coming, obviously. We have six power forwards on the roster, seven if you count Harper. One PG, and only two shooting guards.

Eyenga can play SG, so that isn't a priority. Dumping the extra forwards for PG depth is.

Someone on another forum brought up a good point, if harkless was in next years draft he would be a lottery pick. Probably better than anyone we would get with the TOR pick which would probably land 10-15 and 2013 isn't looking very good so far.

. . . I think it would sting much more (if it's possible for it to sting at all) if the building went quiet and everyone turned their backs to him. I know it would not be possible but think of it being dead silent, think of how different that would be and how much that would speak to how we feel about how he treated us over this last year.

Also, have the P.A announce team play the song Back Stabber by the O.J's when Dwight scores a basket or is introduced just like how they played that superman theme for him.

SAY WHAT??!!!

truemagicfan07saywhat.gif

And so it begins....

"O'Neal tweeted his dislike for the trade as soon as it happened, and the criticism continued.

During an appearance, Shaq was asked this question, according to the Los Angeles Times, "Any comments about the subpar junior Superman coming from Orlando to Los Angeles trying to follow your career path?" (O'Neal, of course, spent the first four years of his career with the Magic before winning three titles in eight years with the Lakers.)

His reply: "I have three sons, and I always tell them that if you want to call yourself big then you have big shoes to fill. Anybody who calls himself big has big shoes to fill. Right now, he's off pace. He has to get himself on pace if he wants to call himself big."

http://www.ksdk.com/usatoday/sports/56968994/Shaq-Barkley-weigh-in-on-Dwight-Howard-trade?usatref=sportsmod

-iPhone

That's awesome. I hope he rides Dwight and drives him to a nervous breakdown.